Windows 10: I am having difficulty in booting windows up

Discus and support I am having difficulty in booting windows up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a desktop Windows 10 Pro 64 PC Windows10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19042.746 Board:ASRock H81M-HDS 3.60gigahertz Intel Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oscarmcg, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Oscarmcg Win User

I am having difficulty in booting windows up

I have a desktop Windows 10 Pro 64 PC

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Windows10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19042.746[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Board:ASRock H81M-HDS[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]3.60gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]7866Megabytes Usable Installed Memory[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Although I have run CHKDSK and been told my disks are healthy my pc does not always recognise my hard disk and fails to boot. I can boot via F" and F11 but it will not allow me to set the WDC drive as the boot disk. Most time the mouse is not recognised and occasionally it works. Once I am booted up the PC operates fine. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?[/COLOR]​

:)

Oscarmcg, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Vario Win User

Difficulty with new build

Hello.

I just built a new computer with a Biostar NF4 SLI Mobo, a MSI ATI X800XL, 2x512 Mushkin Ram, 80 GB SATA Samsung HDD.

Computer had a lot of difficulty after a fresh reformat and install of windows. Lots of difficulty with drivers, for example, mouse fails to work occasionally after boot. The main problem I am experiencing is the Videocard fails to take any catalyst drivers. After an install of the latest drivers, I get a CLI.exe error, and the catalyst control center fails to load (which it should load every windows boot) Windows is up to date.

The error is as follows:
    CLI.exe - Application error:
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Any suggestions? I am wondering about compatibility between this particular motherboard and the video card.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Ran DXDIAG. According to direct x, I am running an x800gto. Should it say x800xl? Is it possible a prior owner (this is a possibly refurb. ebay purchase) flashed the card wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vario, Apr 8, 2021
  3. must restore image but having difficulty

Hi Allanah,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What is the exact error message you are getting?
    • Did you perform clean installation to upgrade to Windows 10?

I suggest you to boot your computer in use the system recovery drive which you have created. Follow the steps provided below.

Method 1: Change Boot order.

I suggest you to change the Windows boot order in BIOS setting. To change the setting, follow the steps provided below.

• Restart your computer, and tab Del or F2 key.
    • In BIOS settings, go to BOOT tab.
    • Change the order to boot from hard drive to CD/DVD/USB drive, on which you have created backup.
    Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Method 1: Perform System recovery using the Installation Media and check if it helps.

• Insert the bootable media such as (USB or DVD) and Restart your computer.
    • Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.
    • Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:
    • Click on Next and select Repair your computer.
    • Click Troubleshoot option and select Advance options.
    • Click on System recovery option.

Note: When upgrading to Windows 10 from media, you must run setup.exe from within your Genuine and Qualified version of Windows 7 or Windows 8. If you want to perform a clean install, you must have upgraded to Windows 10 previously. Performing
    a clean install of Windows 10 with media without upgrading to Windows 10 is not supported and will have activation issues.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 8, 2021
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. I am having difficulty in booting windows up - Similar Threads - having difficulty booting

2. Booting difficulty windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting difficulty windows 11: Sometimes when I start or restart my computer the icon in the notification area for safely removing an external drive is missing. I can usually get it back by restarting the computer but I don't know what else is wrong. I have had this happen before and fixed it for a while...
  3. Booting difficulty windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting difficulty windows 11: Sometimes when I start or restart my computer the icon in the notification area for safely removing an external drive is missing. I can usually get it back by restarting the computer but I don't know what else is wrong. I have had this happen before and fixed it for a while...
  4. I have got into difficulty and am receiving this message 'There's a temporary problem with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have got into difficulty and am receiving this message 'There's a temporary problem with...: I have got myself into deep water with this attempt at updating my personal data. Really it was only updating my personal telephone number to a mobile. My home line has security on it and automatic inwards calls are rejected out of hand. this is no good when that phone is...
  5. I have got into difficulty and am receiving this message 'There's a temporary problem with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have got into difficulty and am receiving this message 'There's a temporary problem with...: I have got myself into deep water with this attempt at updating my personal data. Really it was only updating my personal telephone number to a mobile. My home line has security on it and automatic inwards calls are rejected out of hand. this is no good when that phone is...
  6. I have got into difficulty and am receiving this message 'There's a temporary problem with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My laptop is experiencing booting difficulties and I have forgotten the password to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is experiencing booting difficulties and I have forgotten the password to the...: I had gone into msconfig and changed my memory to max and I have watched many tutorials and I need a password, however I use a pin to sign in so I have no idea what to do....
  8. I am having difficulty repairing Netframe error messages for >Net-BroadcastEvent Window,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having difficulty repairing Netframe error messages for >Net-BroadcastEvent Window,...: I am having difficulty repairing Netframe error messages for >Net-BroadcastRvrnt Window, Update BrowserFor App.exe etc,etc error 0434352 ran Netframe repair tool but it wants me to uninstall and reinstall Netframe or the latest netframe update and I can't find them....
  9. Screen freezes here at boot up, I am booting up from a external drive, and I have it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes here at boot up, I am booting up from a external drive, and I have it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EthanB222 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kktele/screen_freezes_here_at_boot_up_i_am_booting_up/
  10. I am having difficulty removing Microsoft.Messaging for Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am having difficulty removing Microsoft.Messaging for Sysprep: Issue with trying to create an image. I continually receive this error message: “SYSPRP Package Microsoft.Messaging_3.38.22001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image.”...