Windows 10: I am having great difficulty in trying to turn off what I think are the hotkeys?

Discus and support I am having great difficulty in trying to turn off what I think are the hotkeys? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I first boot up my PC I cant use my keyboard and certain keys are bound to certain actions, for example if I press R it will bring up file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tiocfaidh_ar_la47, Jun 9, 2020.

1. I am having great difficulty in trying to turn off what I think are the hotkeys?

When I first boot up my PC I cant use my keyboard and certain keys are bound to certain actions, for example if I press R it will bring up file explorer, or if I press A it will bring up the control panel on the right of the screen. Or pressing S will bring up the search bar.

The only way I can fix it is to restart me PC every time I use it, it's very frustrating and i have looked online to see to seek fixes but I have found nothing yet. I really need help, thank you.

submitted by /u/Tiocfaidh_ar_la47
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tiocfaidh_ar_la47, Jun 9, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Jun 16, 2020
  4. I am having great difficulty in trying to turn off what I think are the hotkeys?

Windows Hotkeys Suddenly Not Working Properly!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the hotkeys on your PC. We appreciate your effort in providing us the detail information of the issue. We would like to know the KB number of the Windows update installed recently.
    (Settings>Updates & Security>Windows Updates>View update history)

We would suggest you to perform these methods and check if that fix the issue.

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + I key to launch
      Windows Settings
    2. Select Update & Security and click on Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select keyboard from the list and click on Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the onscreen steps.

Method 2: uninstall the driver.

1. Press Windows + X key and select Device Manager from menu
    2. Expand the Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on the keyboard listed and click on Uninstall.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    1. Click OK and Follow the onscreen steps.
    2. Restart the PC and install the keyboard driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

I am having great difficulty in trying to turn off what I think are the hotkeys?

1. I am having great difficulty in trying to turn off what I think are the hotkeys? - Similar Threads - having great difficulty

2. I currently am having great difficulty with raising the refresh rate of my laptop's monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I currently am having great difficulty with raising the refresh rate of my laptop's monitor.: For some reason it has become stuck at 64Hz, instead of the native 240Hz. I have tried numerous things such as reinstalling graphics drivers, going into BIOS, and no luck. Also, for some reason my images are failing to upload so I can't show you, but basically in the area...
  3. I currently am having great difficulty with raising the refresh rate of my laptop's monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I currently am having great difficulty with raising the refresh rate of my laptop's monitor.: For some reason it has become stuck at 64Hz, instead of the native 240Hz. I have tried numerous things such as reinstalling graphics drivers, going into BIOS, and no luck. Also, for some reason my images are failing to upload so I can't show you, but basically in the area...
  4. I am trying to turn off the narrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to turn off the narrator.: I know you can press ctr + b to on/off the narrator but I want it completely gone.Like I want it to be turned off even if I do ctrl + BPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-turn-off-the-narrator/982f9d60-4dc1-4648-8517-67fc47f94ae8
  5. I am trying to turn off the narrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to turn off the narrator.: I know you can press ctr + b to on/off the narrator but I want it completely gone.Like I want it to be turned off even if I do ctrl + BPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-turn-off-the-narrator/982f9d60-4dc1-4648-8517-67fc47f94ae8
  6. I am having difficulty in booting windows up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am having difficulty in booting windows up: I have a desktop Windows 10 Pro 64 PC Windows10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19042.746 Board:ASRock H81M-HDS 3.60gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790 7866Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Although I have run CHKDSK and been told my disks are healthy my pc does not...
  7. turn off hotkeys

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off hotkeys: Why does Microsux make it so difficult to turn off the keyboard shortcut keys, those that either pop up a box, erase what you've typed etc? Those should be left up to the user and if they don't want them it should be simple to turn them off....
  8. I am having GREAT difficulty getting my Signia hearing aids to playback on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am having GREAT difficulty getting my Signia hearing aids to playback on windows 10.: I am having difficulty getting my Signia hearing aids to playback on windows 10. They are paired. They do not connect via blue-tooth. They are not in my playback devise list. Driver is working and has been deleted and reinstalled during restart. Any help out there? None of...
  9. I am having great difficulty installing External TSB 5 TB HDD?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am having great difficulty installing External TSB 5 TB HDD?!: I am having great difficulty installing External TSB 5 TB HDD and continually receive this error report: "Event 100 Client Licensing?! ****? Can anyone shed any light on this for me...Please?!...
  10. I am having difficulty removing Microsoft.Messaging for Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am having difficulty removing Microsoft.Messaging for Sysprep: Issue with trying to create an image. I continually receive this error message: “SYSPRP Package Microsoft.Messaging_3.38.22001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image.”...