Windows 10: I am having issues getting my turtle beach headset mic to work with windows

Discus and support I am having issues getting my turtle beach headset mic to work with windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this is long and I am a super dumb ass when it comes to computers now days. Legit im 33 and already feel like the old lady who doesnt know tech lol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hmh005, Apr 25, 2020.

1. /u/hmh005 Win User

I am having issues getting my turtle beach headset mic to work with windows

So this is long and I am a super dumb ass when it comes to computers now days. Legit im 33 and already feel like the old lady who doesnt know tech lol We bought a new prebuild gaming pc (ibuypower) and we have xbox game pass for pc a power a wired xbox one controller and a turtle beach recon 70 headset. The headset works fine on its own pugged into the mic jack on the case of the computer like when you use windows it works and says its picking up mic sounds. but when you play a game on either xbox game pass, epic games, origin, etc if you use the xbox one controller either the sound is cutting out the whole time or the mic on the other end is not picking up. We have a ps4 controller that works just fine but the ps4 controller doesnt work with hardly any of the xbox for pc games like gears of war. Gears 4 i can hear audio perfectly but today my cousin said the mic was cutting out constantly its like i was a far away from the mic or something. When I try to play gears 5 the audio and the mic and both constantly cutting out. And even though we have ds4 for windows downloaded I still cannot get the ps4 controller to work for these games. Same thing happens when i use my phone headset so I don't think its the turtle beaches. So we were thinking maybe we could just try to plug the headset directly into the computer but it does not work. We have tried both jacks on top of the case and the speaker jack on the back of the motherboard area where our logitech speakers were plugged in. It doesnt work it wants it to be plugged into the controller so we dont know how to fix that. Also I have tried all the jacks on the pc and I cant even get the mic to work with facebook or anything either. I have no idea what settings I need to look for here. And this post is probably super confusing. Not sure if buying a new xbox controller would fix the problem or not. So i figured I would start here. I originally thought it was just the game Gears 5 that was doing it because I could hear audio when I played 4 but today my cousins said she could hear the mic doing the same thing as it did on gears 5. Hope all of this makes sense.

submitted by /u/hmh005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hmh005, Apr 25, 2020

2. Turtle Beach headset mic not working in Windows 10

Turtle beach sent me a new mic boom and it now works fine with my Xbox. Not sure how or why the mic boom fixed it l, but it did!

FrustratedGamer2226, Apr 25, 2020
  3. domw0401 Win User
    Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.

Yes, it is specifically designed for the Xbox one but as I have previously stated they worked fine on my old laptop and in the specification of the headset here XO FOUR Stealth Gaming Headset | Turtle Beach GB It mentions "PC mic connection" so the argument that "they are just for Xbox" is invalid.
    However maybe they only work with the xbox controllers jack because as soon as i plug the controller in via usb and the mic into the controller windows recognises an xbox headset with mic and speakers and it works perfectly

domw0401, Apr 25, 2020
  4. I am having issues getting my turtle beach headset mic to work with windows

Having Trouble with a Turtle Beach Headset

Hi Emma,

It can be a compatibility issue between your headset and computer. You can visit this
    threadwith a similar concern as yours and check the solution provided
    by A. User.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

I am having issues getting my turtle beach headset mic to work with windows

1. I am having issues getting my turtle beach headset mic to work with windows - Similar Threads - having issues getting

2. Why is the mic from my turtle beach headset so quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the mic from my turtle beach headset so quiet: i just got a new pc and plugged in a turtle beach headset with an audio jack into a splitter and plugged it into my pc. I can get my audio to work and shows that it can hear me talk but even with the input maxed out in every place i could find and places recommended on here...
  3. My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.: To make it brief, it plays audio directly into my headset speakers as an output, I just need it to be connected as an input. I've tried multiple methods like reinstalling the drivers, but they were on the newest ones, even when uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them....
  4. My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.: To make it brief, it plays audio directly into my headset speakers as an output, I just need it to be connected as an input. I've tried multiple methods like reinstalling the drivers, but they were on the newest ones, even when uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them....
  5. My turtle beach Recon 70 headset mic isn't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. turtle beach headsets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turtle beach headsets: How do I use head phones on this gaming PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turtle-beach-headsets/d4df7ced-ed51-4d8e-ae25-977be7bff398
  7. Turtle Beach Xbox headset mic will not work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turtle Beach Xbox headset mic will not work.: I have a wired Xbox controller connected to my pc. I have my turtle beach headset connected to the controller and it picks up game audio but not speech from me or someone else. Any tips? submitted by /u/RubricalBobcat [link] [comments]...
  8. turtle beach headset

turtle beach headset: How to get my turtle beach headset microphone to work on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turtle-beach-headset/3e5f81d5-4326-44a1-899c-9954bbbcb850
  9. Turtle beach x50 headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turtle beach x50 headset: I have 3 Turtle beach x50 headsets, also I have other headsets as well. I'm currently trying to use discord to talk with my PC friends when playing games on my computer. But I'm getting a muffled static feedback when I speak. I enable the mic, checked the port. Tried...
  10. Windows 10 Turtle beach z22 headset not working

Windows 10 Turtle beach z22 headset not working: any help would be appreciated however for now i'll be sticking with win 7 for now until the issue is resolved itself with drivers *Mad 9877

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting my turle beaches to connect to pc

2. xbox headset driver for pc microphone

3. xbox mic wont work with pc