Windows 10: I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release...

Discus and support I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While I can activate loudness equalization in the enhancements tab, I do not have the actual settings button that would be below it usually.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Austin Sanchez1, May 25, 2023.

1. I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release...

While I can activate loudness equalization in the enhancements tab, I do not have the actual settings button that would be below it usually.

:)

Austin Sanchez1, May 25, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't find loudness equalization

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get proper audio output levels on certain videos.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of file that you are playing. As you have mentioned that you are unable to find Loudness equalization, I would like to inform that certain audio devices and audio card does not provide the Audio Enhancements
    options.

However, you may want to have a look at the Sound Control panel, and see if Loudness Equalization Enhancement is available. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release... 4cab7dad-768d-4d38-813d-9d8c8528a573?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

We can try to use an alternate audio driver and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on Realtek Audio and select
      Update Driver.
    4. Select Browse my computer for Driver Software.
    5. In the next screen, select Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
    6. Check the box Show Compatible Hardware and select
      High Definition Audio Device.
    7. Click on Yes if you get any prompt.
    If you do not see any change, you can use Update Driver option and Search automatically to revert to Realtek driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 25, 2023
  3. Cyble Win User
    Loudness Equalization Issue with Realtek

Hi everyone,

I've been having an odd problem with Loudness Equalization. I have an ASUS TUF 505DT and primarily use headphones. 3 weeks ago without any reason (I checked for Windows Updates) the Loudness Equalization option, along with the addional EQ bars, randomly disappeared from the Realtek Audio Console. Didn't have any issues for 6 months. Since I checked the other thread, device manager has Realtek Audio listed and not Realtek High Definition Audio Device.

If I install the generic Microsoft driver I regain the Loudness Equalization option through Sound Settings but naturally Realtek Audio Console stops working. I wouldn't have minded it too much but to me the audio quality seems slightly worse with the generic MS driver. The weirdest part is if I unistall the device the Realtek driver returns and I regain the full capability of the Audio console but upon restart it's gone again. Also, while I regain the option, the audio seems vaguely hollow unless restarted when the audio console loses its options again but the sound is fine. It's amazing for music but both Netflix and games have incredibly low audio with the Realtek driver without loudness equalization so I'm forced to use the generic MS driver.

One thing I have noticed through many reinstalls is that the events log mentions Device not migrated. It still works though. I tried downloading drivers from ASUS which are the same as the default windows Realtek reinstall. I did notice that 3 out of 4 items fail to install in the cmd even when ran as admin which might be part of the problem. I should also mention the laptop comes with Dts Headphone X which also breaks when using the generic Microsoft driver but I haven't found much use for it anyway.

My only other guess is that the 2004 Windows 10 build showed up a few weeks ago. It failed to update a few days after my issues started and now I only see messages about it coming soon. Don't know if some pre-update files might have been added and messed up the Realtek driver. Current build from sys info is 18363.

While the Microsoft driver isn't horrible I would love if anyone has any suggestions or had a similar issue. My only option now seem to revert back to factory settings and reinstall everything again. Thank you!

Cyble, May 25, 2023
  4. sandyt Win User

I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release...

Loudness Equalization issue

Dell disables realtek's loudness equalization function because Waves MaxxAudio provides you with Midnight. They don't want you to mistakenly enable both at the same time and ruin your sound.

I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release... 313951d1610128754t-loudness-equalization-issue-s1.png

sandyt, May 25, 2023
Thema:

I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release...

1. I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release... - Similar Threads - having issues finding

2. Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?: Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization? Instead there is "graphic EQ" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-configure-release-time-loudness/61fb3363-47a7-4563-8432-88aa47d3e473
  3. Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?: Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization? Instead there is "graphic EQ" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-configure-release-time-loudness/61fb3363-47a7-4563-8432-88aa47d3e473
  4. Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release...: While I can activate loudness equalization in the enhancements tab, I do not have the actual settings button that would be below it usually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-issues-with-finding-the-loudness/de7ca36f-7697-4043-9970-bfc9afb923d4
  6. I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am having issues with finding the loudness equalization settings to adjust the release...: While I can activate loudness equalization in the enhancements tab, I do not have the actual settings button that would be below it usually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-issues-with-finding-the-loudness/de7ca36f-7697-4043-9970-bfc9afb923d4
  7. cannot find loudness equalization

cannot find loudness equalization: [ATTACH]I was having problems when talking to my friends because the volume would get extremely loud, I know what I need yo change, but I'm having trouble finding it....
  8. Loudness Equalization issue

Loudness Equalization issue: Hi all, I recently ordered my new Dell Inspiron 15 5501, and ever since I've been browsing this and many other forums to fix a very annoying audio issue, unfortunately to no avail. I'm going to try my best to explain the issue but please bear with me. I've been able to...
  9. Loudness Equalization Issue with Realtek

Loudness Equalization Issue with Realtek: Hi everyone, I've been having an odd problem with Loudness Equalization. I have an ASUS TUF 505DT and primarily use headphones. 3 weeks ago without any reason (I checked for Windows Updates) the Loudness Equalization option, along with the addional EQ bars, randomly...
  10. Can't find loudness equalization

Can't find loudness equalization: I have a new XPS 13 (9380) with RealTek Audio. I can't find loudness equalization and I get widely fluctuating volumes even with the same video. In the mixer, output levels never approach the max on certain videos. [ATTACH]...