Windows 10: I am having problem with my wifi after completely installing windows 10 from scrach using...

Discus and support I am having problem with my wifi after completely installing windows 10 from scrach using... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wifi driver is not showing up in Windows 10. When setting up windows, at network page it suppose to show wifi name list but it didn't. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YeasirVU, Sep 8, 2021.

1. YeasirVU Win User

I am having problem with my wifi after completely installing windows 10 from scrach using...

Wifi driver is not showing up in Windows 10. When setting up windows, at network page it suppose to show wifi name list but it didn't. Before installing windows 10 I had some issues. I thought it would fix any problem but it didn't. So, I am in need of urgent help as soon as possible. Here are some pictures.. I am using bluetooth tethering for internet. I am also updating..

:)

YeasirVU, Sep 8, 2021
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

I am having problem with my wifi after completely installing windows 10 from scrach using... [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Sep 8, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I am having problem with my wifi after completely installing windows 10 from scrach using... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2021
  4. Bob338 Win User

I am having problem with my wifi after completely installing windows 10 from scrach using...

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

1. I am having problem with my wifi after completely installing windows 10 from scrach using... - Similar Threads - having problem wifi

2. i am having problem with installational of a software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am having problem with installational of a software: i am problem with installation of a software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-problem-with-installational-of-a/b7c2a027-c0ce-4584-84d6-89dc8a2bd4ca
  3. I am having problems installing windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having problems installing windows update: I'm having trouble updating Windows 10 to version 22H2, I've been trying to update it for 3 days but every time the update gets stuck at 61%, I tried troubleshooting, command prompt, I also tried manually installing the update but it didn't work.Reply...
  4. I am having problems installing windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having problems installing windows update: I'm having trouble updating Windows 10 to version 22H2, I've been trying to update it for 3 days but every time the update gets stuck at 61%, I tried troubleshooting, command prompt, I also tried manually installing the update but it didn't work....
  5. I am having problems installing windows update

I am having problems installing windows update: I'm having trouble updating Windows 10 to version 22H2, I've been trying to update it for 3 days but every time the update gets stuck at 61%, I tried troubleshooting, command prompt, I also tried manually installing the update but it didn't work.Reply...
  6. I am having problems installing windows update

I am having problems installing windows update: I'm having trouble updating Windows 10 to version 22H2, I've been trying to update it for 3 days but every time the update gets stuck at 61%, I tried troubleshooting, command prompt, I also tried manually installing the update but it didn't work....
  7. I am having problems installing windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I am having problems installing windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I am having a problem with the wifi settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having a problem with the wifi settings: My wifi settings just said cannot connect to this wifi and its the same for every wifi. I have tried to run trouble shooting and it says try to reset network settings. I have encounter this problem before once, last time I just downloaded a bunch of drivers and none of them...
  10. I am having a problem with the wifi settings

I am having a problem with the wifi settings: My wifi settings just said cannot connect to this wifi and its the same for every wifi. I have tried to run trouble shooting and it says try to reset network settings. I have encounter this problem before once, last time I just downloaded a bunch of drivers and none of them...