Windows 10: I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save...

Discus and support I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GalaxyofAWSOME7 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GalaxyofAWSOME7, Apr 13, 2021.

1. I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save...

/u/GalaxyofAWSOME7, Apr 13, 2021
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Apr 13, 2021
  3. JKD
    Jkd Win User
    Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....

I've just installed Windows 10. Now I find I am unable to save documents. A pop up window says contact the administrator for permission. It is a private pc and I am the main user and administrator. I've seen lots of posts on other forums for exactly the same problem and several suggested fixes that don't work.

Anyone suggestions?

4. Tekware Win User

I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save...

You dont have permission to save in this location...

This is a process but it worked for me:
    You can follow these steps for one folder or go here to make sure your folder is shared with Everyone
    1.Right click on the folder that you can't access and click share with >specific people
    2. Click add and then enter Everyone for a user name
    3. Click read permissions where it says read to read/write
    4. Click share, click done

1. Right click properties on the folder you can't access
    2. Click advanced.
    3. Click change owner
    4. Type Everyone for the owner and select owner reset to full control.
    5. close properties
    6. Then click on the save file box and choose the default folder you want to save to in the open dialog box.
    With a new owner with full control of everything and sharing it should work if you followed this completely. Worked for me. *Shock

Tekware, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save...

1. I am having problems with my permissions on windows 10, its not allowing me to save... - Similar Threads - having problems permissions

2. Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...: It says update to download from store.I am on 17134.1304 windows 10How can I solve this issue?Min requirements of the app is 17763.0 or higherCan you please solve the issue for me....
  3. Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I lose my data if I upgrade Windows 10 version 17134.1304? Its not allowing me to...: It says update to download from store.I am on 17134.1304 windows 10How can I solve this issue?Min requirements of the app is 17763.0 or higherCan you please solve the issue for me....
  4. I am having the TPM problem. its saying its not activated and that i cant get into windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having the TPM problem. its saying its not activated and that i cant get into windows...: I tried to update my computer and it was saying that i dont have a trusted or certified TPM . i did research and it said this was a problem with many other user a couple months ago. i cant get into windows security ....
  5. I am having the TPM problem. its saying its not activated and that i cant get into windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having the TPM problem. its saying its not activated and that i cant get into windows...: I tried to update my computer and it was saying that i dont have a trusted or certified TPM . i did research and it said this was a problem with many other user a couple months ago. i cant get into windows security ....
  6. Suddenly I am not allowed to change folder permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly I am not allowed to change folder permissions: I tried to download a file using Firefox and was told I did not have permission to save it. I went to the folder to change permissions, and I am not able to do that -- everything grayed out. I am using an administrator account. I rebooted and tried running explorer as an...
  7. Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10?!

Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10?!: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10. When I right click on my Desktop and then Display Settings orPersonalize I get CMD one second and then opens nothing. To change the settings on my display I have to go throughStart - Settings - Personalization - Background......
  8. IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE: HELP! AFTER SCANNING THE DOCS. IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-scan-its-not-allowing-me-to-save/b03cd8c6-13d5-412e-b588-9af1469840c9
  9. I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...

I have a HP laptop with windows 10 and Its not allowing me to use my password to sign in to...: I have a HP Laptop with windows 10 and I can't sign into my laptop its not allowing to place my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-have-a-hp-laptop-with-windows-10-and-its-not/5a082d59-e033-49e4-8422-eb8e89f6e0ca
  10. Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything.: This just started yesterday. I have tried using Take Ownership on everything but it still says I don't permission to save anything. I can save things in certain folders and Desktop but I can't save anything under my Documents, Pictures, OneDrive or anything. I get this error...