Windows 10: I am having sync issues with OneDrive, and staying logged into it?

Discus and support I am having sync issues with OneDrive, and staying logged into it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I reinstalled 17763 due to some instability issues. Since that time, it's all I can do to stay logged into OneDrive, and the folder sync process has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by djbillyd, May 11, 2019.

1. djbillyd Win User

I am having sync issues with OneDrive, and staying logged into it?

I reinstalled 17763 due to some instability issues. Since that time, it's all I can do to stay logged into OneDrive, and the folder sync process has gone over the edge completely. I have several HDD's (4) in my system, and I am trying to sync all of my OneDrive files to a 4.0TB HDD. My OS drive (C:\) is an SSD, 1TB. I moved all of my files from the generic Windows "USER\???" folder to my created user folder. OneDrive, however, has not gotten the memo. At the bottom of the SYNC window, where the option to "Change" is located, with all folders checked, OneDrive is showing C:\User\???\OneDrive, then "Change". Underneath there is "Selected: 558 GB, Remaining space -129.9 GB, and the OK is grayed out, as there is no room on that folder location for the sync to happen. But when I click "Change", the window goes away. Then, I have to login again and do that same dance again.

What am I missing here?

:)

djbillyd, May 11, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

I am having sync issues with OneDrive, and staying logged into it? [​IMG]

1. Switch to C: drive
    2. Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    3. Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    4. If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    5. Check that attributes r & s are removed
    6. Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

3. sygnus21 Win User
    OneDrive Sync Issue

Has anyone who actually upgraded noticed that OneDrive is continuing to sync files? Since upgrading to 10 on Wednesday One drive has been trying to sync this file...

I've no idea what it is or where it came from but it is not in any of my folders, nor is it in my OneDrive folder online, It's only on the Win 10 laptop. Additionally I can not delete it because it says "the file is open in Microsoft OneDrive".

Also, If I stop OneDrive from syncing when I log in, the file disappears, but as soon as I turn on OneDrive, the file re-appears and OneDrive continues to try to sync it...

Anyone else see this or have an idea? BTW all my other files and folders are sync'd and good to go. It's just this orphan file that's making OneDrive continue to sync.

Thanks.

sygnus21, May 11, 2019
  4. Boice Win User

Onedrive Issues and Syncing

I haven't tried to do it cuz now I use a web app to sync files from OneDrive. But there's an instruction that may give a help for reinstallation in Windows 10 which I saw before:
    1. Restart your PC before reinstalling. Once restarted, navigate to the following folder:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update\OneDriveSetup.exe
    USERNAME is the username of the administrator account. You may need to enable Hidden Items in File Explorer to see this location.

2. The installer will begin to run and you'll be prompted to login to your Microsoft account. You may take part in two-factor authentication as well.

3. You'll be asked where to place the default OneDrive folder. If you didn't change this folder previously, it will be the same and you'll be asked to confirm its location.

4. Once installed, OneDrive will begin syncing anything you changed online with your offline files and vice versa.

Boice, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. I am having sync issues with OneDrive, and staying logged into it? - Similar Threads - having sync issues

2. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...: Here is my issue :I tried to find a way to remove a link to a SharePoint Volume with alot of files and subdirectory. But no success, it says everywhere deleing the link is risky to delete the source when it will sync.Each time OneDrive starts, it stop with an error saying...
  3. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...: Here is my issue :I tried to find a way to remove a link to a SharePoint Volume with alot of files and subdirectory. But no success, it says everywhere deleing the link is risky to delete the source when it will sync.Each time OneDrive starts, it stop with an error saying...
  4. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive Sync issues

OneDrive Sync issues: I work with 3 computers. Two Mac's and one PC with Win 10. I want to keep all my files in sync. But I need them stored on each of the 3 hard drives as my internet is unreliable. I want OneDrive to keep files in sync WITHOUT putting a second copy of my files on my hard drives....
  6. onedrive syncing issue

onedrive syncing issue: i am a technical support engineer and i have a laptop for a user which has red X on documents and can't sync onedrive still saying " looking for changes" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing-issue/a23f0aa5-6840-425d-ac0b-4f07adf951b1
  7. Hi I am having issues with onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I am having issues with onedrive.: I cannot find the app on my laptop, only the version of it within my files. When I went to install the app, it says I can't because I have a newer version of OneDrive already installed, but when I tried to uninstall OneDrive from my laptop, it says "This file does not have an...
  8. Hi I am having issues with onedrive.

Hi I am having issues with onedrive.: I cannot find the app on my laptop, only the version of it within my files. When I went to install the app, it says I can't because I have a newer version of OneDrive already installed, but when I tried to uninstall OneDrive from my laptop, it says "This file does not have an...
  9. I am having a problem keeping OneDrive logged in

I am having a problem keeping OneDrive logged in: I am having a problem keeping OneDrive logged in. Why is this happening? * Moved from Health & Band * Original title: OneDrive * OS assumed to be Win 10...
  10. OneDrive syncing issue

OneDrive syncing issue: I set up OneDrive on my external hard disk Seagate Backup Plus 4TB to sync my music folder. It synced 522GB/714GB. I am on Windows 10 Pro 1909. Since then it has beenstuck. I tried resetting OneDrive through %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset to no avail. I...