Windows 10: I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop

Discus and support I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. No I do not have to sign in to my email each time and I am going through web browser. However, since the update of edge, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LessieWilliams2, Aug 20, 2020.

1. I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop

Split from this thread.​

No I do not have to sign in to my email each time and I am going through web browser.

However, since the update of edge, I have not been able to use my printer wirelessly I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop. I forgot to mention this before. I think I'm called the news media so we who uses Edge can get some relief.

:)

LessieWilliams2, Aug 20, 2020
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

USB 2.0 printer won't work in Win 10/USB 3.0

A couple more suggestions:
    First, check to see if your motherboard manufacturer has a newer USB controller driver to install. If so, install it.

Second, try reinstalling all the USB devices:
    Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right click on each device listed underneath and choose Uninstall (you could leave anything related to USB 3.0 alone) > after you've cleared the list, restart Windows and they will all be reinstalled again.

See if the printer will work after either of those.

Also: unplug the USB cable to that printer before doing any procedures, then plug it in after Windows is back up running.

3. Printer problem with hp 3630

Mike

I repeat the printer does not have a usb port, one end of cable with 2 holes in plug goes into printer, the other end of cable has a usb plug that fits into the usb port of laptop.

If it helps to clarify, I will write as many details as possible.

2 cables, one a power cable, the other mentioned above.
    printer is a HP 3630 desk jet all in one.
    I have the HP disk and I have Uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
    I have connected printer power cable direct to wall socket and have switched electric off whilst printer on, as suggested
    it was working the day it stopped, I just changed location of printer by one shelf.
    I have power and can photocopy

Can't think what else to add.

frenchman96, Aug 20, 2020
  4. I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop

Stuck on "plug the usb cable" while printer driver installation

I tried to install Full Driver & Software Package from brother website.

But when "plug the usb cable" appears - I hear the windows usb connected sound and windows start to install its own driver. Nothing happens with "plug the usb cable" window.
    I can scan documents with windows option start scan.
    In device manager printer is under "printers" but is missing in "print queues" group, so programs do not see printer.
    detecting problems show that device is old and could not work properly with usb 2.0 but I connected cable to USB 2.0 port.
    I tried uninstall and install again several times.

user1379570, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop

1. I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop - Similar Threads - having plug USB

2. My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in: My windows 11 laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in ı tried troubleshooting but it didn't workı researched and checked the batteryreport with command prompt but that didn't do anything either...
  3. My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in: My windows 11 laptop wont stay on without my charging cable plugged in ı tried troubleshooting but it didn't workı researched and checked the batteryreport with command prompt but that didn't do anything either...
  4. My pc crashes when I plug or unplug my headset from its USB charging cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crashes when I plug or unplug my headset from its USB charging cable: Hi,Whenever I plug in my wireless Razer Kraken V2 wireless headset into its USB charger my pc crashes and I am trying to find a solution. Some things that might help: - The USB charging cable stays plugged in 24/7 its only when I actually plug/unplug my headset from the...
  5. My pc crashes when I plug or unplug my headset from its USB charging cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc crashes when I plug or unplug my headset from its USB charging cable: Hi,Whenever I plug in my wireless Razer Kraken V2 wireless headset into its USB charger my pc crashes and I am trying to find a solution. Some things that might help: - The USB charging cable stays plugged in 24/7 its only when I actually plug/unplug my headset from the...
  6. My pc crashes when I plug or unplug my headset from its USB charging cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. When I plug in my HDMI cable from my laptop to another screen, I lose my audio

When I plug in my HDMI cable from my laptop to another screen, I lose my audio: The audio on my laptop works fine. But when I plug in a HDMI cable to hook up my laptop with another screen, I lose my audio completely. I have tried running the troubleshooter on my audio but that doesn't work. How do I fix this?...
  8. MY USB PRINTERS ARE NOT RECOGNIZED WHEN PLUGGED IN

MY USB PRINTERS ARE NOT RECOGNIZED WHEN PLUGGED IN: All my printers suddenly don't recognize on my laptop when plugged in, but recognize and function properly on other computers. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printers' drivers but it didn't work. I later checked the device manager and saw that the USB Printing...
  9. Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged: I'm using a pretty old computer while my other one is at the repair shop, but have stumbled upon a very strange issue. The laptop freezes up pretty regularly but every time I then plug either a USB stick/mouse/anything else or a 3.5 audio cable into the computer it...
  10. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank: plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-plug-a-hdmi-cable-into-my-laptop-and-it-goes/312f7af0-1cb6-47ec-aa1b-11b424714454