Windows 10: I am having trouble changing my login name

Discus and support I am having trouble changing my login name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I change it by using netplwiz, but as soon as I logout, the name reverts back to its original name. I can't change it by going under "user accounts" in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SongmakersCry, Apr 9, 2020.

1. I am having trouble changing my login name

I change it by using netplwiz, but as soon as I logout, the name reverts back to its original name.
    I can't change it by going under "user accounts" in control panel because the option to change names does not appear there like it does for other people.
    I can't change it by using "my microsoft account" because that's under a different name than the one on the login screen.

:)

SongmakersCry, Apr 9, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Apr 9, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Windows Login Name

"My ultimate goal is to have my name changed on my Skype account. Which reflects the name on my lock screen."

Apply Step 5 to change the name on your Local account which is appearing on login screen to the name on you MS account profile that you do want to appear.

However, the Skype name is separate from the MS account name if you are using the traditional desktop program. You can change the Skype name to match by opening Skype/Skype tab/My account which takes you to Skype account page. Click your picture/Skype alias/Edit profile on next page/Change name here/Save at page bottom. Good Luck

mrgeek, Apr 9, 2020
  4. I am having trouble changing my login name

Cannot change the user login name in Windows 10

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you trying to change the name of a Microsoft account or locale account?
    • Do you get any error message when you are unable to delete the account?

For now, if you are trying to change the login name of the Microsoft account, I suggest that you follow the steps below

1. Open Settings page and then open Accounts.

2. Under Your Email and Accounts page click on the Manage my Microsoft accounts link

3. This will re-direct you to live.com website. Here you enter your credentials and then make the changes that you wish to.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

I am having trouble changing my login name

1. I am having trouble changing my login name - Similar Threads - having trouble changing

2. I am having trouble with unlocking my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am having trouble with unlocking my computer: So while I was away my little sister tried to play on my computer but she didn't know the password, so she tried to guess it like a million times and now every time I start my computer windows 10 I have to wait 5 minutes, enter some code and then I can enter my password.It's...
  3. I am having trouble with unlocking my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble with unlocking my computer: So while I was away my little sister tried to play on my computer but she didn't know the password, so she tried to guess it like a million times and now every time I start my computer windows 10 I have to wait 5 minutes, enter some code and then I can enter my password.It's...
  4. I am having trouble with unlocking my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.: In 2017 I noticced that my photo file names had a timestamp in them, which meant that Lightroom could not find them. I asked on this forum and got help from Naresh K. He gave me a powershell string to use and it worked well. I found more files to change, but now I get an...
  6. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.: In 2017 I noticced that my photo file names had a timestamp in them, which meant that Lightroom could not find them. I asked on this forum and got help from Naresh K. He gave me a powershell string to use and it worked well. I found more files to change, but now I get an...
  7. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Having trouble with file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble with file names: Whenever I click on a photo and it says "Save Image As", the file name is named "download" or "images" instead of the original file name the photo had. And so I have tried to look for a solution to fix it and I couldn't find one. I don't know what to do and I really need help...
  9. i am having trouble with my Minecraft game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having trouble with my Minecraft game: hi my name is Daniel and I have a PC that has Minecraft. I hade Minecraft for 3 weeks and it was fine until i tried joining a friends server and it said CAN'T CONNECT TO SERVER and i pressed the refresh button twice but i hade no luck. i get left out some times when there...
  10. I am having trouble changing my save location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am having trouble changing my save location: I cannot change where my new content is saved, whenever i click on the D option it will tell me i have a duplicate on the C drive and that it has to delete it so i clicked yes and i keep getting this error code right after "0x80070005"...