Windows 10: I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop!

Discus and support I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have moved personal files to an external hard drive and do not know what else to do. Here are the screenshots of the information that I have. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimHJ, Mar 31, 2020.

1. TimHJ Win User

I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop!

I have moved personal files to an external hard drive and do not know what else to do. Here are the screenshots of the information that I have. I have also completed a disk clean up and cleaned up system files. Is there anything else I can move or get rid of? Thank you in advance for your help! I cannot run updates or install anything and I have very limited saved to the desktop. Everything else is on my external HD

I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop! 4af7e47e-13f3-4a14-9887-eceb29057cc0?upload=true.jpg

I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop! 63bfe9be-9a03-41fc-9023-184eb05a4c24?upload=true.jpg

I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop! d3286102-2535-4310-b0f5-35368f23a5b8?upload=true.jpg

I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop! a78c3ce2-3816-4b15-bd58-e515d48c3b21?upload=true.jpg

I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop! 54c00842-bbd1-41b7-a4b6-8c17b092ae29?upload=true.jpg

I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop! 86941c4a-2602-4dc3-8e0e-8a9163505afc?upload=true.jpg

:)

TimHJ, Mar 31, 2020

2. clear space in memory

Having trouble finding instructions for clearing space in memory

PatrickLeen, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Having trouble with port forwarding..

I am currently a bit occupied and can't focus 100%.

Give me some time to write a full check list for you. That manual helps a lot in doing all this.

I will return once I've written everything in a clear and step by step tutorial. I also have D2, so I will test it on my system, which also takes time.

slicendice, Mar 31, 2020
  4. I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop!

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop!

1. I am having trouble clearing up space on this laptop! - Similar Threads - having trouble clearing

2. I want to clear up some space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to clear up some space: Hi, I wanna clear up some space since my pc is running slow, and i can't play my games on maximum graphics, and most of them are on low fps, I dont know which folder to delete on local disk c since i might delete important things, Can anyone help me with this?, I might not be...
  3. I want to clear up some space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to clear up some space: Hi, I wanna clear up some space since my pc is running slow, and i can't play my games on maximum graphics, and most of them are on low fps, I dont know which folder to delete on local disk c since i might delete important things, Can anyone help me with this?, I might not be...
  4. Can't clear up space

Can't clear up space: So my C: Drive is completly full and nothing works. I tried uninstalling, nope. I tried Disk Cleanup, nope. I might resort to CCleaner but that's a last resort. Please somebody help me, please! When i delete something, it instantly fills up. NOTHING. IS. WORKING....
  5. Can't clear up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't clear up space: So my C: Drive is completly full and nothing works. I tried uninstalling, nope. I tried Disk Cleanup, nope. I might resort to CCleaner but that's a last resort. Please somebody help me, please! When i delete something, it instantly fills up. NOTHING. IS. WORKING....
  6. Can't clear up space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Trouble clearing space on my SSD

Trouble clearing space on my SSD: Hi, I'm having some trouble removing unwanted games from one of my drives. I'd like to know how to remove games properly and/or failing that, how to completely clear the drive so I can start again fresh. I've tried going down the control panel, uninstall or remove...
  8. Clear up unused space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear up unused space?: I've got a laptop that's down to just a few GBs of storage left on a good day, anywhere from 6gb to less than half a gig. I have an external drive that I put everything I can on but it hasn't opened up much space. Anyone know of something I could use or do to remove junk and...
  9. Clearing up space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing up space: I was prompted to clear up space on my computer for the new update to install. I follow the steps and click on the things I don't need and have been purging those items selected. I needed 8 GB and am purging 11 GB but my computer has ether stopped purging or this just takes...
  10. Clearing up space on drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clearing up space on drives?: I have two drives and both of them are almost out of space. I keep almost all my programs and everything I use on one of them, so that one is understandably full but I don't know why the other one is or how to clear disk space. If I go into settings the programs that I can...