Windows 10: I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016

Discus and support I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There probably is an answer out there but I can't find it. I have exported the gmail addresses to a csv file and imported them into outlook. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jill_227, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Jill_227 Win User

I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016

There probably is an answer out there but I can't find it. I have exported the gmail addresses to a csv file and imported them into outlook. The problem is they go to the people file in outlook and not to the contacts folder. How do I get these email addresses into the contacts folder. When I am importing the csv file, i select "contacts" as the folder to use, but do not get an okay - just the back or cancel buttons are highlighted. Sorry, if the answer is already out there, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Jill

:)

Jill_227, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Florio Win User
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

I imported two .csv files containing my contacts into Outlook 2016. They are now stored in the Contacts Personal Folders, but I cannot make this particular folder the default one for contacts, nor can I get it included in the list of address book folders to choose from. I can open the file without problems and see all my contacts, but because it is not included in the list of address books, I cannot access content when I need to choose the recipient of an email.
    Does anyone know what to do here?

Florio, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Florio Win User

I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016

Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - having trouble importing

2. i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook: i have made an outlook account but it will not connect with my work email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-getting-my-work-email-on/0cc41172-cc3d-4b9b-9332-5d6a3657e50b
  3. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders: I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set...
  4. outlook 2016 and gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016 and gmail: Am having issues with the combination of Gmail and Outlook 2016> When sending an email through Outlook, mails are send twice with the second mail as a 0B sized e-mail. Disabeling the "save sended e-mails" option in Outlook didnt work. Anyone who can help me with this?...
  5. Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People: I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth...
  6. Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016: I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly. I first...
  7. Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016: I imported two .csv files containing my contacts into Outlook 2016. They are now stored in the Contacts Personal Folders, but I cannot make this particular folder the default one for contacts, nor can I get it included in the list of address book folders to choose from. I can...
  8. Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts: Still not liking Mail and Contacts. Is anyone using Outlook 2016 for email on Windows 10 without issue? Are you able to import mail and contacts from WLM into Outlook OK? 87208
  9. Move Contacts & Calendar folder to new email address - Outlook 2016

Move Contacts & Calendar folder to new email address - Outlook 2016: Windows 10 running Outlook 2016. When I did a fresh install I set up 3 email address and added my .csv files of contacts and calendar form prior install. I did not pay attention and Outlook 2016 assigned them to an email address I now wish to get rid of. Did a web search...
  10. Outlook 2016 contacts

Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...