Windows 10: I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending?

Discus and support I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Len Dobratz, Sep 12, 2019.

1. I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending?

I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending?

:)

Len Dobratz, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

What happens when 1803 reaches end of life date

Unless you've taken steps to block/defer feature and/or quality updates, then by now you should see an 'end of life' warning and a 'Download and install now' option for the Feature Update. I see this in 1803 on my test machine:

I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending? [​IMG]

Some however are seeing a 'not quite ready...' message (usually due the 3rd-party drivers/software that needs an update).

I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending? [​IMG]

Device not ready to update to 1903

As the end of life approaches an 'un-tweaked' install of 1803 should be automatically updated to 1903 through Windows Update. This has already started....

Microsoft now auto updating Windows 10 version 1803 and older to 1903

If you have 'tweaked' your system in any way to put off updates, then undo those tweaks now. After clicking 'Check for updates' it should either say 'download and install now' if it passes initial compatibility checks, or 'not quite ready...' if it doesn't.

3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, Sep 12, 2019
  4. JerryVM Win User

I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending?

Internet disconnect Win 10 Version 1803

I am trying to find help with internet disconnect on Win 10 Version 1803 shortly after making a connection through the trouble shooter. I have looked for an update to my wireless adapter as instructed in the only information available wit no relief. I
    am using Version 1803. Others have posted the same issue but no fix is listed

JerryVM, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. I am having trouble updating my win 10 version 1803 regarding it's life cycle ending? - Similar Threads - having trouble updating

2. windows end life update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows end life update: I'm wondering as I can't update my Lenovo T460 ThinkPad to windows 11 as it "has" a not-supported GPU. Will a new Windows 11 update make It so any GPU's an updated or will I have to wait until Windows 10 is not supported to update to Windows 11 or witch ever windows is out to...
  3. windows end life update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows end life update: I'm wondering as I can't update my Lenovo T460 ThinkPad to windows 11 as it "has" a not-supported GPU. Will a new Windows 11 update make It so any GPU's an updated or will I have to wait until Windows 10 is not supported to update to Windows 11 or witch ever windows is out to...
  4. Windows 10 end of life update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 end of life update.: I received the message and it asked for overnight update. I let it start at 9 pm an it appears stuck at 90% at 7 am. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-end-of-life-update/1e09e6ea-90b3-404a-840e-017e54c4f38c
  5. Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon.: I can't update to Win 10 version 2004 due to a safeguard possibly the affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers one. However, I'm receiving a notice that my version of Win 10 will reach end of service soon. My PC is less than 2 years old. What options do I have. Thanks!...
  6. end of life update windows 10

end of life update windows 10: I recently updated after receiving an end of life cycle for windows 10 message. Once the update completed and the computer was restarted all of my data files were gone and a new cleared blank desktop set. It looks like my data is somewhere on the computer as the amount of...
  7. end of life cycle for windows 10 in 2025

in Windows 10 Support
    end of life cycle for windows 10 in 2025: I read a article that main stream for support for windows 10 will end 10/13/2020 and extended support will end October 2025. So no more new features forced updates to break windows after oct 2020 and after 2025 there will be no more security updates and fixes, nothing just...
  8. I have questions regarding version updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have questions regarding version updates: I have two computers and they are both still running version 1803. Why have I never received the 1809 update and should I download and install it manually before the new version is rolled out? What's this I hear about this new version having a glitch that could really mess...
  9. I am having trouble with Win 10, 64bit Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am having trouble with Win 10, 64bit Pro.: I am having trouble with Win 10, 64bit Pro. It loads fine, but there is no video at the end of loading the opening screen, just black raster. I have reloaded the programs from DVD and USB media with the same result. However, when I start it in 'safe mode' all appears well,...
  10. Windows 10 embedded life cycle?

Windows 10 embedded life cycle?: I am looking for information about how long windows 10 embedded will be supported from a life cycle point of view. Seems like every other version is documented except embedded. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet Anyone know?...