Windows 10: I am having trouble with audio inputs.

Discus and support I am having trouble with audio inputs. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 64 bitVersion 21H2Re-Installed on ‎3/‎3/‎2021OS build 19044.2486IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz 2.79 GHzRAM 12.0 GBCreative SB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by louiswoo, Jan 15, 2023.

1. louiswoo Win User

I am having trouble with audio inputs.

Windows 10 Home 64 bitVersion 21H2Re-Installed on ‎3/‎3/‎2021OS build 19044.2486IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz 2.79 GHzRAM 12.0 GBCreative SB Audigy 2 pci-e audio cardThis is a self built computer but I have been successfully using the same hardware excluding hard drives for years. After reloading software after a couple hard drive crashes in the last 5 years I have not been able to get any audio recording inputs to show any input levels at all within the software. Finally getting back to trying to resolve this issue.I have been trying to transfer some of my older person

:)

louiswoo, Jan 15, 2023

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 15, 2023
  3. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/

Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK

But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems ..

Sound settings say - No output or Input devices found.

Have tried to re-install Realtek audio drivers for motherboard -- installed but no change

David_Bexhill, Jan 15, 2023
  4. I am having trouble with audio inputs.

Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 15, 2023
Thema:

I am having trouble with audio inputs.

1. I am having trouble with audio inputs. - Similar Threads - having trouble audio

2. I have no option for audio input devices!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no option for audio input devices!: I have a dell optiplex 7040sff 0hd5w2 a01 motherboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers. I have output sound and have with headphones plugged in and unplugged but I have no input sound or even input device when I plug into the one and only jack in the front....
  3. I have no option for audio input devices!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have no option for audio input devices!: I have a dell optiplex 7040sff 0hd5w2 a01 motherboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers. I have output sound and have with headphones plugged in and unplugged but I have no input sound or even input device when I plug into the one and only jack in the front....
  4. i am having trouble in sound in computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having trouble in sound in computer: no sound in computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-in-sound-in-computer/d4784fc6-1994-4fe5-83dd-30bb2fa43254
  5. i am having trouble in sound in computer

i am having trouble in sound in computer: no sound in computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-in-sound-in-computer/d4784fc6-1994-4fe5-83dd-30bb2fa43254
  6. Hey I am having audio trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey I am having audio trouble: my audio keeps randomly going from 0 - 100 and i cant hear my game audio or anything else. how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-am-having-audio-trouble/63ade7f2-0f55-43a5-8839-7c0632f4304c
  7. Hey I am having audio trouble

Hey I am having audio trouble: my audio keeps randomly going from 0 - 100 and i cant hear my game audio or anything else. how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-am-having-audio-trouble/63ade7f2-0f55-43a5-8839-7c0632f4304c
  8. Hey I am having audio trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Audio Input Trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Input Trouble: I'm having trouble with getting my windows pc to recognize any audio input from my headset. The computer itself doesn't have any proper auxiliary audio jacks for my headset. But I regularly use an xbox one controller for gaming, so I connect my headset through the...
  10. I am In Trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    I am In Trouble: My windows 10 Acer Aspire labtop froze up yesterday so I did a forced shutdown. It will not turn on since then. I have a windows 10 of my sister's HP laptop here which was already back to factory default. When mine stopped turning on, I got this idea to restore my latest...