Windows 10: I am in a temp user account and cannot fix the problem

Discus and support I am in a temp user account and cannot fix the problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My surface pro has told me that it cannot sign in to my account and i am in a temporary user account. i have tried going on regedit and then here... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RoxanaShahriari, May 15, 2020.

1. I am in a temp user account and cannot fix the problem

My surface pro has told me that it cannot sign in to my account and i am in a temporary user account.
    i have tried going on regedit and then here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\ProfileList

I tried to delete the key that had the temp windows on it but it says error and cant delete this

pretty much anything i try doesnt let me do.

honestly i just want to fix this temp desktop issue and dont even care if my data gets deleted because i barely have anything on this computer.
    i even tried the steps to go into safety mode and reset my computer but it asks for a code and when i log into my microsoft account theres no key

:)

RoxanaShahriari, May 15, 2020

2. Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 15, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 15, 2020
  4. I am in a temp user account and cannot fix the problem

Windows 10 TEMP User Deleted?

Hello James,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better kindly let us know if it is Local account you are referring to as TEMP account.

I would suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the referred account exists or not. Please follow below.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz
    If the account exists, use the following steps to copy the old files to the "main" User Profile which you are referring to.

1. Go to
    C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)\

2. Copy all files except three files :

NtUser.dat

NtUser.ini

NtUser.log

3. Go to
    C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-name)\

4. Paste all those copied files here.

Hope the above information is useful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 15, 2020
Thema:

I am in a temp user account and cannot fix the problem

1. I am in a temp user account and cannot fix the problem - Similar Threads - temp user account

2. Cannot switch to administrator account to fix broken user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot switch to administrator account to fix broken user account: Hello all,I woke up this morning to not being able to log in to my user account using my microsoft account. My password that I normally use does not work. When I click the forgot password link I get the error: `User profile cannot be loaded`. I think something my have gotten...
  3. Cannot switch to administrator account to fix broken user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot switch to administrator account to fix broken user account: Hello all,I woke up this morning to not being able to log in to my user account using my microsoft account. My password that I normally use does not work. When I click the forgot password link I get the error: `User profile cannot be loaded`. I think something my have gotten...
  4. Cannot switch to administrator account to fix broken user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. owner user / temp user

in Windows 10 Customization
    owner user / temp user: One day my PC decided to open in the temp user mode. Nothing else changed and I can still find all my photos, documents, and downloads, but, I have to click on them manually. The PC is for some reason opening to temp user. It is still functioning but without any of my stored...
  6. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted: [ATTACH] There are three "temporary" users listed in the Users folder on my wife's machine. These appear to be remnants from other Windows faults - there are no users on the machine other than the one belonging to my wife, "Diana". The "TEMP" folders all have a Documents...
  7. Temp Account Problem

Temp Account Problem: I logged in to windows on my account and it said you have been logged into a temporary account. I think fixed it but the apps don't work now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-account-problem/83101e35-158f-4db0-973a-69c2c05858b0
  8. TEMP User

TEMP User: I logged onto my computer this afternoon and sorry for vagueness but the desktop glitched and i was signed out. I logged back in, and everything in my desktop downloads and documents, were gone. I did some more research and my desktop is C:\Users\TEMP\Desktop. I went to...
  9. I cannot see an user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot see an user account: So, i was installing windows after formatting my computer and after it finished i was installing stuff when i noticed it had created my user folder as just a random shortened form of my name. I found on a forum saying it could be solved creating a new local user, so i did...
  10. TEMP User account is now default. Need to restore my user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TEMP User account is now default. Need to restore my user account: After Updating automatically, my PC is showing the TEMP User, not my user account. I can't get to my user account. Help! Files are all on my PC, but I can't access them in the TEMP User mode. How do I restore my settings to my own User account? Thank you in advance....