Windows 10: I am locked out of admin due to a virus please help

Discus and support I am locked out of admin due to a virus please help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have tried enabling administrator mode in command prompt and it's done nothing. Every time I try to change a setting that requires an admin my pc... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ethan Summer, Nov 23, 2019.

1. I am locked out of admin due to a virus please help

I have tried enabling administrator mode in command prompt and it's done nothing. Every time I try to change a setting that requires an admin my pc just enters eternal loading. I can't access my C drive and many other programs. It won't even let me reset my pc.

:)

Ethan Summer, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 23, 2019
  4. I am locked out of admin due to a virus please help

can't log into windows due to forgotten admin password

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• What is the error message you get while trying to login to the admin account?

Ensure that you are typing the user name and password correctly. Make sure that Caps Lock is turned off, and that your email address is spelled correctly to try again.

You may also use the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

I am locked out of admin due to a virus please help

1. I am locked out of admin due to a virus please help - Similar Threads - locked admin due

2. Locked out of Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Admin: I have to use Examplify for school but windows blocks it. In order to allow it to work I need to be able to turn off memory integrity under core isolation but this is blocked for me with the red text "The setting is managed by your administrator". How do I go around this to...
  3. Locked out of Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Admin: I have to use Examplify for school but windows blocks it. In order to allow it to work I need to be able to turn off memory integrity under core isolation but this is blocked for me with the red text "The setting is managed by your administrator". How do I go around this to...
  4. Locked out of computer Please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of computer Please help: Helping fatherinlaw access his computer and we keep running into problems.1. Required ja password reset on ms account2. changed password successfully but still would not accept pin. said to update security3. updated security email address and now locked for 30 days4. tried...
  5. Locked out of admin

Locked out of admin: I was in the local admin account, then I made another user account which is not admin. I then disabled the admin using the command prompt. Now I'm stuck with a non admin account .Fine. I could not used the prompt as an admin, cant access the control panel. So I use the...
  6. Help. I am locked out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. I am locked out.: So I recently done a pc reboot(I cleaned everything I had in it) with the shift+restart method and now that is restarted it asks me for an account and pass. I did NOT have one when I was using the pc until now. What do I do? submitted by /u/AdrianHEY [link] [comments]...
  7. i am locked out

i am locked out: i am locked out. Cannot send or receive emails. Cannot connect to TeamViewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out/12d5f0b1-6116-451a-b69f-0663562bc4cb
  8. I am locked out of my admin account for Teams

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am locked out of my admin account for Teams: I set up two factor authentication and am now stuck in a login loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-admin-account-for-teams/06a7cae6-fc69-4627-b0d3-7c3fbc5996f0
  9. Locked out of admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out of admin: HELP, I locked myself out of my laptop because I turned on safe mode and restarted the pc. I can't log into my admin account since I don't remember my password. Now I am stuck in the guest account in safe mode. I tried to change password in microsoft account but my laptop...
  10. HELP! I am locked out by Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! I am locked out by Safe Mode: Hello I just set my win10 pc to boot in Safe Mode, but now it wants my "Password" which I have forgotten. I have been logging in using a simple "PIN" recently, and I now locked out of my PC! How can I force my PC to boot normally? I. E. ... So that I can get back in?! OR...