Windows 10: I am locked out of my computer after entering safe mode for a DDU

Discus and support I am locked out of my computer after entering safe mode for a DDU in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, So I got a new graphics card for Christmas, and I wanted to replace the one I have right now, so I downloaded a DDU and it said I should put the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sleepy​, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Sleepy​ Win User

I am locked out of my computer after entering safe mode for a DDU

Hello, So I got a new graphics card for Christmas, and I wanted to replace the one I have right now, so I downloaded a DDU and it said I should put the computer in safe mode. I said yes and my computer restarted, but when I enter my password it does not say it is correct, even though I know it's the right one. I know this has something to do with the PIN not working for safe mode, and I tried holding shift then restart and entering the computer in safe mode with networking but the problem still persists. I have been trying numerous passwords and still no luck. Will I have to factory reset my computer? Can someone please help

:)

Sleepy​, Dec 26, 2019
  2. tjg79 Win User

DDU & Safe Mode

Thanks, I enabled the Safe Mode option in the DDU, and it will cause the system to reboot into Safe Mode, but I get a red "x" dialogue box that indicates that the DDU application file can't be accessed by the system in Safe Mode.

tjg79, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Locked out in safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• What are you referring to when you say DDU?
    • What error message do you get when you type msconfig in the command prompt?

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + R, in the safe mode.

b: Then type msconfig and hit enter.

If you are able to successfully get into msconfig then click the Boot tab.

c: Uncheck the option for safe mode and then click apply and then ok.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Dec 26, 2019
  4. AlAhner Win User

Locked out in safe mode

Man o man. I downloaded DDU which suggested I start in safe mode. When asked if I would like to restart in safe mode I entered yes and the computer rebooted in safe mode.

Problem: I have been using a PIN number to access Windows 10. It's asking for a password. I did not assign on.

As a result each time I reboot I have the safe mode screen.

I've tried system repair using my Windows 10 disc but that doesn't let me get in.

Suggestions?

I also used the command prompt with the intention of using msconfig but the command prompt would not accept that command.

Windows 10

32GB RAM

128GB SSD

AlAhner, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. I am locked out of my computer after entering safe mode for a DDU - Similar Threads - locked computer entering

2. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out in safe mode: I tried to reboot in safe mode, and now I can't get past the login screen. PIN and password don't work. Shift=> Restart =>Troubleshoot=>Advanced=>Startup=> has a list of options and another restart button. This button restarts back to the login screen. Anyone know how to get...
  3. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out in safe mode: I tried to reboot in safe mode, and now I can't get past the login screen. PIN and password don't work. Shift=> Restart =>Troubleshoot=>Advanced=>Startup=> has a list of options and another restart button. This button restarts back to the login screen. Anyone know how to get...
  4. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Locked out by safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by safe mode: Hi everyone - really hoping someone can help! I'm not massively technically proficient, so I'm hoping that someone has a solution.To cut a long story short, I had to restart my computer in safe mode. I didn't realise it, but this disabled my wifi connection and it started...
  6. Safe Mode - Locked Out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode - Locked Out: I've read of same problem - coming out of Safe Mode to login screen. Not recognizing Microsoft Account password and not connected to wifi. Is it necessary to reset password and how to do that? Or is necessary to regain internet access and how to do that? Thanks for any...
  7. Locked out of Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Safe Mode: I've been trying to enter safe mode with networking. I have correctly entered my password several times. I have tried to use a boot USB to remove the password, but the system will not recognize the USB as a drive for start up in the BIOS. Any ideas?...
  8. DDU & Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DDU & Safe Mode: Hello Forum, Well, now I've got a new HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, ver. 10.0.18363, and I'm forced to learn the OS. I needed to update my NVIDIA GeForce driver and I usually run the DDU in Safe Mode before I install the new GeForce driver package. I saved the DDU...
  9. HELP! I am locked out by Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! I am locked out by Safe Mode: Hello I just set my win10 pc to boot in Safe Mode, but now it wants my "Password" which I have forgotten. I have been logging in using a simple "PIN" recently, and I now locked out of my PC! How can I force my PC to boot normally? I. E. ... So that I can get back in?! OR...
  10. Locked out in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out in safe mode: I recently downloaded an app that had a Trojan attached to it. It immediately started taking over so I went to msconfig and chose to start in safe mode, to try and get rid of it. When it restarted in safe mode it asked for the password. When I set up 10 from the upgrade I...