Windows 10: I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW NOTEBOOK! HELP!!!!!!

Discus and support I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW NOTEBOOK! HELP!!!!!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I really hope that someone can help me out! One week ago I purchased an Acer Aspire 3 notebook at a department store. One week later the monitor... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shawn A Lamondin, Oct 26, 2019.

1. I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW NOTEBOOK! HELP!!!!!!

I really hope that someone can help me out! One week ago I purchased an Acer Aspire 3 notebook at a department store. One week later the monitor completely ceased functioning. So, I went back to the store to exchange my notebook for a new one. I am starting distance education upgrading courses online shortly it is absolutely necessary for me to have a reliable computer, especially since I live in a very small community where public buildings close far too early to grant me access to the internet. So after explaining that to the manager of the electronics department and telling him that I cannot afford any other notebooks that were in stock, the manager bent store policy and allowed me to exchange my notebook for the last identical item that there was in stock, the demo model.

So, here is the issue, finally. There is powerpoint demo program installed and a local administrator account for which I do not have the password. All I can do is to go online and make absolutely no changes or download programs I need for my college upgrading classes beginning this week! How do I get rid of this account and properly set up my notebook with my own administrator account, as it should be!?!

I shall be so grateful for the help I need to resolve this headache!

Sincerely,

SPIRITSFLIGHT

:)

Shawn A Lamondin, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Error: "Unable to create your notebook. Check internet connection and try again", when creating a new notebook on OneNote

Hi Abigail,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to create a new notebook in OneNote app. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the
    questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Were you able to create notebooks prior to this issue?
    3. Have you signed in with Microsoft account on the PC?
    4. Which version of OneNote app are you using?
    5. Are you trying to create the notebook on Computer or OneDrive?

If you are creating the Notebook on Computer, then please try creating it on OneDrive and check. Also, you can try doing vice versa and check if you are able to create.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check for updates and make sure the PC is up to date. Refer the article

Keep your PC up to date

Method 2:

Try running the Windows apps troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & Security > Troubleshooter.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Windows Store Apps.
    3. Now click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter
    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if that helps. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details and the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
  4. I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW NOTEBOOK! HELP!!!!!!

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW NOTEBOOK! HELP!!!!!!

1. I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW NOTEBOOK! HELP!!!!!! - Similar Threads - LOCKED NOTEBOOK HELP

2. I am locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer: Please help me to log in to my computer which window lock me out administrator disabled my account in error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-computer/ddd81cc5-9cfd-4a93-a295-4e2eab4dd0c6
  3. I am locked out of my computer !?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer !?: When I try doing my password it brings me to this telling me there was a problem with the pin and so on is unavailable, it tells me to click the "configurate my pin" to set a new one but nothing happends, help !...
  4. I am locked out of my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am locked out of my pc: I am locked out of my pc. It tells me i have entered an incorrect pin too many times. Now I don't even have the option to sign in with my password. How can i do a system restore to a previous date before this happened?Thank you!...
  5. I am locked out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my laptop: I booted up my laptop today and entered the password like usual and then i get an error saying that the sign in option is disabled. I tried hitting the forgot the password option but that doesn't work either. Whenever i click in Forgot the password it never works, i never get...
  6. Help. I am locked out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. I am locked out.: So I recently done a pc reboot(I cleaned everything I had in it) with the shift+restart method and now that is restarted it asks me for an account and pass. I did NOT have one when I was using the pc until now. What do I do? submitted by /u/AdrianHEY [link] [comments]...
  7. Am locked out of new laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Am locked out of new laptop.: bot new home laptop I misplaced notes for password and security questions. Unable to use new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-locked-out-of-new-laptop/0d1a9e07-6167-4cb2-a94a-bd44bfbb26d1
  8. i am locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am locked out: i am locked out. Cannot send or receive emails. Cannot connect to TeamViewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out/12d5f0b1-6116-451a-b69f-0663562bc4cb
  9. HELP! I am locked out by Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! I am locked out by Safe Mode: Hello I just set my win10 pc to boot in Safe Mode, but now it wants my "Password" which I have forgotten. I have been logging in using a simple "PIN" recently, and I now locked out of my PC! How can I force my PC to boot normally? I. E. ... So that I can get back in?! OR...
  10. locked out of HP notebook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    locked out of HP notebook: Was just setting up my new HP Pavilion x 2-10-n107a notebook/computer when I finished up locked out.No keys were responding so I clicked on :Other user: and everything worked ok until I came to switch on again and when asked for other user password and name I had not a...