Windows 10: I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

Discus and support I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 Home. Each time I want to move a file/folder, it says "You'll need Administrative approval to move this folder." Today, Defrag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeniseJM, Oct 23, 2018.

1. DeniseJM Win User

I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

I use Windows 10 Home. Each time I want to move a file/folder, it says "You'll need Administrative approval to move this folder."

Today, Defrag stopped working. I opened the Run box and styped SFC/Scannow. I was told that only the Administrator has the right to do this.

I took these steps to ensure that I am the Administrator:

Control Panel > User account > There is only 1 user account, me, and in the box with my name in in it, it says Administrator. There are no other user accounts.

How can I fix this?

:)

DeniseJM, Oct 23, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Oct 23, 2018
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    GAME Files for Administration

in other words going into administration in the UK = chapter 11 bankruptsy in the U.S.

yogurt_21, Oct 23, 2018
  4. I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

GAME Files for Administration

As a legal concept, administration is a procedure under the insolvency laws of a number of common law jurisdictions. It functions as a rescue mechanism for insolvent entities and allows them to carry on running their business. The process – an alternative to liquidation – is often known as going into administration. A company in administration is operated by the administrator (as interim chief executive) on behalf of the creditors as a going concern while options are sought short of liquidation. These options include recapitalising the business, selling the business to new owners, or demerging it into elements that can be sold and closing the remainder.

FreedomEclipse, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

1. I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks - Similar Threads - logged Administrator allowed

2. Rebooted windows 11. Not allowed to log in by administrator. Am sole user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebooted windows 11. Not allowed to log in by administrator. Am sole user: Help. Unable to log on desktop windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rebooted-windows-11-not-allowed-to-log-in-by/1f7bddc0-49ee-4572-b746-9e71d595790a
  3. Rebooted windows 11. Not allowed to log in by administrator. Am sole user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rebooted windows 11. Not allowed to log in by administrator. Am sole user: Help. Unable to log on desktop windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rebooted-windows-11-not-allowed-to-log-in-by/1f7bddc0-49ee-4572-b746-9e71d595790a
  4. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  5. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  6. I *AM* the Administrator!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Settings managed by administrator I am administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings managed by administrator I am administrator: I have a problem where most of my settings can not be changed due to an old connection to AAD which I believe I have already removed. I do not want to reinstall my system, how can I fix the issue?...
  8. Am I an Administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Am I an Administrator?: If I go, to Settings/Accounts. There is my picture, my email address. And, in big letters, Administrator.But I'm often, installing, deleting something.And I see. Must be an, Administrator.So how, do I change it. Get Administrator rights?This is, my computer. So, having,...
  9. I am Administrator but I can't Log-in as such!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am Administrator but I can't Log-in as such!: I set up my wife's spare computer Windows 10 a few months ago and my first name is listed as the Administrator of her computer. I can't sign-in as Administrator using my current Microsoft Password or using any of my old Microsoft passwords as when I try to sign in as...
  10. Administrator Or Am I

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Or Am I: Hi, I want to delete some software off my pc. However, the uninstall wizard stops during the uninstall, with an error message telling me I'm not the administrator. In addition, my PC only has one accountprofile and I'm the administrator? Any help on this would be great....