Windows 10: i am looking to recover the acct password on a new PC

Discus and support i am looking to recover the acct password on a new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i recently purchased a new PC .... an HP laptop .... with Windows 10. when i went to set up the logins, i may have written down the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SoapyStory, Jan 11, 2021.

1. i am looking to recover the acct password on a new PC

i recently purchased a new PC .... an HP laptop .... with Windows 10.

when i went to set up the logins, i may have written down the password incorrectly because it wont accept it. i can log in with the PIN, but that isnt going to help me when i need to install new applications on this computer. i created a second email address with the same contact information and the same password i wrote down for thr first account, so i am hoping someone can verify that it is me and unlock the first account.

please let me know what else i need to do. i did not post under my real name here but anyone from the server side can see that information\.

best regards,

Soap

:)

SoapyStory, Jan 11, 2021

2. 2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

4. NickTh Win User

i am looking to recover the acct password on a new PC

MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

i am looking to recover the acct password on a new PC

1. i am looking to recover the acct password on a new PC - Similar Threads - looking recover acct

2. I am looking to help my girlfriend recover her Outlook password. She is available to talk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am looking to help my girlfriend recover her Outlook password. She is available to talk...: I am looking to help my girlfriend recover her Outlook password. She is available to talk with anyone. We have tried and tried online support with no help. She has a old phone number on her account and she can't recover her password with a number she no long has. Can someone...
  3. I am looking to help my girlfriend recover her Outlook password. She is available to talk...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am looking to help my girlfriend recover her Outlook password. She is available to talk...: I am looking to help my girlfriend recover her Outlook password. She is available to talk with anyone. We have tried and tried online support with no help. She has a old phone number on her account and she can't recover her password with a number she no long has. Can someone...
  4. I am looking to help my girlfriend recover her Outlook password. She is available to talk...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...

Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...: When responding to another question I inadvertently change my local account to Microsoft account. Now the login won't allow me in with the password I know is correct. So I used there forgot password selected email. Never got the email. Kept trying and it finally locked me out...
  6. PC's local access password versus Microsoft acct password

PC's local access password versus Microsoft acct password: I had an older PC where old local access password had expired when screen lock comes up and you need to type password to unlock. It did not reset properly and all subsequent attempt to regain access by resetting password failed all the methods on YouTube to get the CMD prompt...
  7. PC's local access password versus Microsoft acct password

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC's local access password versus Microsoft acct password: I had an older PC where old local access password had expired when screen lock comes up and you need to type password to unlock. It did not reset properly and all subsequent attempt to regain access by resetting password failed all the methods on YouTube to get the CMD prompt...
  8. PC's local access password versus Microsoft acct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Adding new PC to ms acct

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding new PC to ms acct: So i want to add my ms acct to my new pc. but it is not there. I am signed into ms acct. When I go to the MS store it shows my xbox, another pc and my phone. I already have it repaired/up to date....
  10. NEW USER ACCT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    NEW USER ACCT: I set up the laptop using my MSFT account. I want to give the machine to my granddaughter for school. She has her own MSFT acct, but when I tried to add her as a second "other" user I could only set it up as a local account. How do I get it attached to her MSFT account?...