Windows 10: I am missing many icons in the task bar of my Microsoft document on my new Samsung Tablet 5

Discus and support I am missing many icons in the task bar of my Microsoft document on my new Samsung Tablet 5 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't have many of the icons on my new Samsung Tablet 5 that exist on my regular laptop. I can't find the ruler, design tab and many others. Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joanwinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. I am missing many icons in the task bar of my Microsoft document on my new Samsung Tablet 5

I don't have many of the icons on my new Samsung Tablet 5 that exist on my regular laptop. I can't find the ruler, design tab and many others.

Also, suddenly my documents all run off the edge of the right side of the page. Can't seem to get it to stop!

:)

joanwinter, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 15, 2020
  3. The web icon on the Task Bar is missing.

Background:

This is a Dell Venue 11, Pro (5130-32 Bit) PC, early 2016 I updated from Win 8.1 to 10.

The PC has been on auto Win updates. Update: 1607((KB4013429, was unsuccessful during March and part of April 2017. Presently Update
    1607 (KB4015217) is being tried since 4/12/2017 and has failed.

When I try to use the computer a message pop-up: "restart, upgrade unsuccessful ".

On 4/29/201 I went to Task Scheduler and disabled " updates...". This did not stop the auto updates?

Today the web icon is not on the task bar where there are icons for: window files, excel, power point, word etc icons. Yesterday I did not have this problem.

Now click on the "Window Icon", go to the Tablet screen,, with many boxes icon including the Window Edge browser icon.

I have restarted the PC a couple of times. No change. Will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

About 30 minutes ago, while trying options. I clicked on the Win icon, that opened as Tablet screen. On the Tablet screen there is the,
    Win edge square,( with other squares). With finger I dragged the Win Edge Web square to the Task Bar. This left a Win edge icon on the Task bar. When the edge icon on the task was clicked I was on the
    Internet. I restarted the PC and the edge icon came back on the Task bar, Maybe this worked as this PC also works in Tablet mode. However the
    above mentioned auto Window upgrades have failed and that concerns me. Wish I could stop auto upgrades. Any suggestions. Thank you.

surjitsinghUC, Dec 15, 2020
  4. sixt5cuda Win User

I am missing many icons in the task bar of my Microsoft document on my new Samsung Tablet 5

Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

I am missing many icons in the task bar of my Microsoft document on my new Samsung Tablet 5

1. I am missing many icons in the task bar of my Microsoft document on my new Samsung Tablet 5 - Similar Threads - missing many icons

2. I am missing my old pictures and documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am missing my old pictures and documents: I am missing my old pictures and documents from one drive these files were backed up using my old Microsoft lumia phone. Please help I had pictures of my late father and mother backed up on one drive....
  3. too many icons in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many icons in task bar: I suddenly have two rows of icons in my Task Bar. The upper row is the one I want to keep displayed. I use it all the time. I'd like to hide the lower row but not delete it. How can I do this? And how did the lower row suddenly get there?...
  4. too many icons in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too many icons in task bar: I suddenly have two rows of icons in my Task Bar. The upper row is the one I want to keep displayed. I use it all the time. I'd like to hide the lower row but not delete it. How can I do this? And how did the lower row suddenly get there?...
  5. too many icons in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. missing language icon task bar

missing language icon task bar: Hi, when i apply this tips of Mr. John DeV to reste language issus: " Press Start then search PowershellRight Click then Run as administratorPaste the command below then hit Enter:$UserLanguage = New-WinUserLanguageList en-USAfter that, Paste the command below then hit...
  7. creating document on my Samsung tablet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating document on my Samsung tablet: I created documents on my Samsung tablet in One Drive, now I can't open it on my Dell laptop, how do I fix this? I have windows 10 Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-document-on-my-samsung-tablet/54276faf-0b1f-4754-84c9-7e65f7b13eca
  8. Missing battery icon in task bar

Missing battery icon in task bar: I don't know why my laptop stopped showing Battery icon in the task bar. It didn't resolve till months by now. I checked in settings-taskbar-notification area-turn system icons on or off. There I found the 'Power' switch is in grey colour but it is actually on. The other...
  9. Task bar missing Home Icon

Task bar missing Home Icon: Home icon on task bar since installing October 2018 feature update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-missing-home-icon/3266fd72-cc51-421e-89c7-78cfc84c4408
  10. missing icons on task bar

missing icons on task bar: Hello. I have tried to fix this on my own but every solution i find online and on YouTube did nothing to fix my issue. My Microsoft icons for edge, store, and mail are all just black spots. The buttons are still there because if I click there the program opens. any help...