Windows 10: I am nagged every day to update my Windows 10 system. I do not want.

Discus and support I am nagged every day to update my Windows 10 system. I do not want. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I do a lot of work in programs such as Photoshop and Inkscape, often I play games on this computer, etc. There's rarely a time when I'm not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fawful, Aug 2, 2017.

1. fawful Win User

I am nagged every day to update my Windows 10 system. I do not want.

Hi, I do a lot of work in programs such as Photoshop and Inkscape, often I play games on this computer, etc.

There's rarely a time when I'm not in the middle of at least something on this computer. Every day, an annoying blue pop-up window appears and sidelines everything else (regardless of if I'm working in something that very moment) asking me to either update or say when I would like to be nagged again. My actual answer is, when I'm ready.

I'll initiate the update myself if I'm so desperate for whatever inconsequential change it holds (usually it reverts a lot of settings I had on various things, often removing the option to disable them). So yeah, updating isn't a big priority for me and I'd appreciate help on telling my computer to stop nagging me about it. Nothing's worse than having whatever you're casually working on shoved into the background by the update notification.

I also restarted the other day (not by choice, but because my computer locked up) and it took ages to boot back up because of supposed updates it was working on. This was less than a week ago and already it's nagging me again. I'm getting fed up on this, could someone kindly suggest a solution? (Preferably that doesn't require a restart in and of itself)?

:)

fawful, Aug 2, 2017
  2. jrowla Win User

I am having to Reset IE11 about every day to day and a half. I get to the place where IE11 links take an exorbitant time to load. The scroll bar freezes.

I am having to Reset IE11 about every day to day and a half. I get to the place where IE11 links take an exorbitant time to load. The scroll bar freezes.

jrowla, Aug 2, 2017
  3. I am having to Reset IE11 about every day to day and a half. I get to the place where IE11 links take an exorbitant time to load. The scroll bar freezes.

Hello,

• Do you get any error message while accessing IE?
    • Have you made any changes on your system prior to this issue?
    Kindly try the methods below and check if this helps.

Method 1:

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to place your system in a Clean Boot state and check if the same issue occurs.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select
      Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    For more information refer the below link.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Method 2:

The issue may also arise due to the security software installed in your system. So, I would suggest you to temporarily disable the anti-virus installed on your system and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 3:

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check if this helps

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers which can resolve the issue you are facing. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• In search type Windows Updates
    • Click on Windows Updates
    • Click on Check for updates and install
      the latest windows updates.

Kindly get back to us with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 2, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Set active hours and let it update overnight.

cereberus, Aug 2, 2017
  5. fawful Win User
    Sadly I can't do that. Not only are my 'active hours' not consistent at all, I typically like to pick up exactly where I left off when I wake up. This is how I've always done things, and there used to be an easy setting to disable any automatic update or notification, and let me just do these things as I see fit. Did Microsoft seriously remove any possible way of doing this?

fawful, Aug 2, 2017
  6. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, Aug 2, 2017
  7. fawful Win User
    I disabled the service yesterday and it still popped up today to remind me. When it does this, I can't disable the service until I agree to let it remind me tomorrow or set a time to be nagged because I can't do anything else until I address the stupid pop-up.

fawful, Aug 6, 2017
  8. I am nagged every day to update my Windows 10 system. I do not want.

If you have Windows 10 Pro, you can disable Windows Update notifications completely through gpedit.msc and just update whenever you need.

If you have Windows 10 Home,

Use Regedit and follow these. Make sure to back up your registry before you do the following in case you make a mistake:

I am nagged every day to update my Windows 10 system. I do not want. [​IMG]

With those 2, no more nagging notifications and you can still update whenever you want. Make sure the Windows Update in services.msc is set to "manual (trigger start)"

theveterans, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I am nagged every day to update my Windows 10 system. I do not want. - Similar Threads - nagged every update

2. Windows is asking me for permissions for every single thing that I want to do, but I am the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is asking me for permissions for every single thing that I want to do, but I am the...: Let's say that I want to rename a folder, create a new folder or save something to my desktop: I can't, It says that for me to save to desktop I need admin, but I have administrator!. For the rest of the things, they work, but they are super annoying and i don't know how this...
  3. Windows is asking me for permissions for every single thing that I want to do, but I am the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is asking me for permissions for every single thing that I want to do, but I am the...: Let's say that I want to rename a folder, create a new folder or save something to my desktop: I can't, It says that for me to save to desktop I need admin, but I have administrator!. For the rest of the things, they work, but they are super annoying and i don't know how this...
  4. My Windows 10 updates every day, i can not use my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 updates every day, i can not use my PC: Hello. I have troubles with Windows 10 updates. Update process makes EVERY day not once in a week or month, and takes time from 1 to couple hours; and during this time my PC is useless, i cant use to him. How can we stop this madeness?I have upgraded Windows 10 version from...
  5. I AM NOT UPDATE MY SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM NOT UPDATE MY SYSTEM: IAM UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS 7 WHEN IAM CHECK A SYSTEM UPDATE ERROR CODE IS COMMINGPLEASE HELP ME FRNS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-update-my-system/613b3e8e-2a60-4524-9e9e-435f56005be2
  6. I AM NOT UPDATE MY SYSTEM

I AM NOT UPDATE MY SYSTEM: IAM UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS 7 WHEN IAM CHECK A SYSTEM UPDATE ERROR CODE IS COMMINGPLEASE HELP ME FRNS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-update-my-system/613b3e8e-2a60-4524-9e9e-435f56005be2
  7. I DO NOT WANT WINDOWS 10 UPDATES .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I DO NOT WANT WINDOWS 10 UPDATES .: HELLO. I WANT TO STOP WINDOWS 10 UPDATES. AFTER ONE WEEK THAT I UPDATES FORCED NOW AGAIN THE WINDOWS ASK TO UPDATE. ù UPDATE UPDATE ALWAYS UPDATE FOR 'SECURITY' REASONS. I OWN WINDOWS 7 AND NEVER UPDATE FOR 'SECURITY REASONS' AND IT WAS ALL OK. NOW IT'S A TROUBLE...
  8. I play FreeCell every day but I am unable to sign in

I play FreeCell every day but I am unable to sign in: I play FreeCell Microsoft Solitaire game but have to play as guest because any attempt to sign in fails. It is frustrating having to see all the advertisements and although I have reached level 69 I am playing as a guest....
  9. i dont want any pause days for updates i want them daily how do i do that

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i dont want any pause days for updates i want them daily how do i do that: I don't want any pause days for updates I want them daily how do I do that on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-any-pause-days-for-updates-i-want-them/a77b2c89-ae5d-4069-976c-c32536c8f2bd
  10. I do not want to remove Edge, but I am frustrated by Win 10 resetting my defaults every...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want to remove Edge, but I am frustrated by Win 10 resetting my defaults every...: I don't want to have to continually adjust my default settings every time Microsoft releases an update to Win 10. OK, so maybe is a minor thing, but it is really irritating: I want my Adobe Acrobat Pro to be the default for PDF files, NOT EDGE. I want VLC to be the...