Windows 10: I am never able to get through update 1809. Any subsequent update gets stuck at "Working on...

Discus and support I am never able to get through update 1809. Any subsequent update gets stuck at "Working on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here are the things I have tried as suggested in at least dozens of other forums/guides: Unplugging all USB devices Redownloaded the update Pushed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/McSHUR1KEN, Jul 3, 2020.

1. I am never able to get through update 1809. Any subsequent update gets stuck at "Working on...

Here are the things I have tried as suggested in at least dozens of other forums/guides:

• Unplugging all USB devices
    • Redownloaded the update
    • Pushed the power button to step into Sleep and woke the system back up again
    • Manually downloading versions 1903, 1909 and 2004 via the Update Assistant
    • Disabling the antivirus
    • Leaving it at 92% for about 10 hours
    • Checked for the HDD activity LED (never active as soon as it hits 92%)
    • sfc /scannow
    • chkdsk /f

At this point, I believe I have tried just about everything. There are enormous piles of questions of similar nature over at the Microsoft support forums and many other places around the internet and literally none have helped me get over this dreadful 92% hell. I am surprised this has no concrete fix yet. If you can, please help.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/McSHUR1KEN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/McSHUR1KEN, Jul 3, 2020

2. keep getting stuck at windows update 1809

hi joydeep sir when i am check for windows update in 1809 i am getting stuck and keep saying check for update but no update are showing or getting install.

JoydeepSarkar685, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Mooneyjw Win User
    Stuck in troubleshooting why I cannot get the "Get Windows 10 App" -

I have not been able to get the "Get Windows 10 app" and am working through the suggested troubleshooting steps. Presently I am stuck because the "GW10Appdiagnostic" returns that Update KB2976978 is not installed. However, my update history shows that
    update KB2976978 installed successfully on July 29. I have manually downloaded the update, but when I run the installer, it stops and returns a message that the update is already installed. This happens for both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. My machine
    is a 64 bit machine running Windows 8.1 with all available updates installed. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mooneyjw, Jul 3, 2020
  4. AkashDey Win User

I am never able to get through update 1809. Any subsequent update gets stuck at "Working on...

why i am not getting windows 1809 update?

i am using windows 10 single language version 1803. I want to install 1809 version, but till now i don't get any 1809 update. please tell me where and how can i update my laptop.

AkashDey, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

I am never able to get through update 1809. Any subsequent update gets stuck at "Working on...

1. I am never able to get through update 1809. Any subsequent update gets stuck at "Working on... - Similar Threads - never able through

2. I am not getting updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not getting updates: I am not getting window updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-getting-updates/4101e7a9-08bd-4287-be30-ff9f838333f1
  3. I am not getting updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not getting updates: I am not getting window updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-getting-updates/4101e7a9-08bd-4287-be30-ff9f838333f1
  4. Am I getting updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I getting updates?: I remembered I used to get updates almost every day. Recently after I reset my PC I only get definition updates. Other updates you see in the picture without the definition updates I got them when I reset my PC and used it at the first day. It was 29 June. Since then I...
  5. The update gets stuck

The update gets stuck: The update is stuck at 0%. And none of the other facilities are starting, presumably because of this. The Windows Update Troubleshooter does not help: it tells me to use administrator privileges, but when I click on that button and give it an administrator password, nothing...
  6. Why am I never offered an update to Version 1809?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why am I never offered an update to Version 1809?: I have Win 10, Ver 1803. I'm wondering why I'm never offered an update to Ver 1809 when I access: Start > PC Settings > Update and Security > Check for updates Thanks 127335
  7. Why I am not getting the 1809 update

Why I am not getting the 1809 update: Hi, I am in 1803 version of windows 10. Even after "Check for update", I have not yet received 1809 update. Any possible reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-not-getting-the-1809-update/3bff8883-97e3-454e-be0d-71a074478ac0
  8. why i am not getting windows 1809 update?

why i am not getting windows 1809 update?: i am using windows 10 single language version 1803. I want to install 1809 version, but till now i don't get any 1809 update. please tell me where and how can i update my laptop....
  9. keep getting stuck at windows update 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keep getting stuck at windows update 1809: hi joydeep sir when i am check for windows update in 1809 i am getting stuck and keep saying check for update but no update are showing or getting install....
  10. getting 1809 update ?

getting 1809 update ?: today I heard that Microsoft pulled back 1809 update then why I am getting 1809 update in updater app ? even I have paused update... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-1809-update/75b4f6e6-44fe-49a3-8ae2-4685d5bd2f06