Windows 10: I am new to Windows and just bought a device app from the store by accident. How do I...

Discus and support I am new to Windows and just bought a device app from the store by accident. How do I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't see that option anywhere in my digital order page. have nothing I can install it on and it cost $50.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sberryEI, Dec 26, 2020.

1. sberryEI Win User

I am new to Windows and just bought a device app from the store by accident. How do I...

I don't see that option anywhere in my digital order page. have nothing I can install it on and it cost $50.

:)

sberryEI, Dec 26, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Dec 26, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

I am new to Windows and just bought a device app from the store by accident. How do I...

Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I am new to Windows and just bought a device app from the store by accident. How do I... - Similar Threads - bought device app

2. i just bought a anime series from the movie store, how do i send it to movies anywhere?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i just bought a anime series from the movie store, how do i send it to movies anywhere?: i just bought heroic age through the anime sale , how do i put it in movies anywhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-anime-series-from-the-movie-store/f70f5d90-78d1-49bd-b744-d75a2704ec8c
  3. i just bought a anime series from the movie store, how do i send it to movies anywhere?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just bought a anime series from the movie store, how do i send it to movies anywhere?: i just bought heroic age through the anime sale , how do i put it in movies anywhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-anime-series-from-the-movie-store/f70f5d90-78d1-49bd-b744-d75a2704ec8c
  4. i just bought a anime series from the movie store, how do i send it to movies anywhere?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store: Hello,I went to check the prices of the app, and when I clicked, it completed the purchase with the associated card. Could you please let me know how to get a refund?...
  6. I have bought an app and am unable to install from the store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought an app and am unable to install from the store.: I have bought standard Minecraft from the Microsoft store and my account recognizes that i own the game but when i go to install it on my windows 10 laptop i cant get my device to come up as available. I've checked system requirements, updates, settings that i understand and...
  7. How do I download the software I just bought in the windows store?

How do I download the software I just bought in the windows store?: How do I download the software I just bought in the Windows store? I just bought Adobe Photoshop Elements and can't find where to download it....
  8. Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.

Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.: I just bought an app in the web browser version of the Microsoft Store, but the Microsoft Store app says I don't own it. I received an email confirming that my purchase went through, but the store app does not seem to realize that. I have already tried resetting the store...
  9. I just bought a goame on the Microsoft App store and I can't find it

I just bought a goame on the Microsoft App store and I can't find it: Where is the game that I just bought on the Microsoft app store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-goame-on-the-microsoft-app-store/c39af305-f0c4-4a5a-9c74-0b252cf40c24
  10. How do I uninstall an app? (from windows store)

How do I uninstall an app? (from windows store): How do I uninstall an app? (from windows store) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-an-app-from-windows-store/e7c202f2-604c-4b2e-a34a-748f5c04fd0e