Windows 10: I am no longer an admin

Discus and support I am no longer an admin in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I lent my laptop to grandkids for remote learning. Then it broke and I am trying to fix it. Now I have it back and feel I have to re-install windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by J_Wellington_Wimpy, Apr 21, 2021.

1. I am no longer an admin

I lent my laptop to grandkids for remote learning. Then it broke and I am trying to fix it.

Now I have it back and feel I have to re-install windows. But I no longer have admin authority. Is there a way to extract the existing Windows activation key? Is there a way to make myself an admin?

I can mount the SSD to another Windows where I do have admin authority.

:)

J_Wellington_Wimpy, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

I am no longer an admin

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Thema:

I am no longer an admin

1. I am no longer an admin - Similar Threads - longer admin

2. I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged: I have a Windows 365 cloud Win 11 PC that I have been evaluating for several months now.I haven’t been able to login to the Windows 365 portal for several months, Authenticator not prompting me. Works fine with other MS apps.I haven’t bee able to get support as the support...
  3. I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged: I have a Windows 365 cloud Win 11 PC that I have been evaluating for several months now.I haven’t been able to login to the Windows 365 portal for several months, Authenticator not prompting me. Works fine with other MS apps.I haven’t bee able to get support as the support...
  4. admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.: The administrator no longer works for the company but he is the admin on my account. I need to permanently delete the account, along with several other employees. The admin has changed my password so I can no longer log in....
  5. admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.

admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.: The administrator no longer works for the company but he is the admin on my account. I need to permanently delete the account, along with several other employees. The admin has changed my password so I can no longer log in....
  6. admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts after messing up with the BIOS admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts after messing up with the BIOS admin password: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am in the process of reintall a Windows 10 a laptop that I got form the previous company of my wife.Thanks to the community I manage to access the BIOS menu.Then I looked at the process of creating a bootable flash drive.I understood that I had to...
  8. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts after messing up with the BIOS admin password

HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts after messing up with the BIOS admin password: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am in the process of reintall a Windows 10 a laptop that I got form the previous company of my wife.Thanks to the community I manage to access the BIOS menu.Then I looked at the process of creating a bootable flash drive.I understood that I had to...
  9. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts after messing up with the BIOS admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. can no longer access router admin page from certain pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can no longer access router admin page from certain pc: i can't access my router login page from any browser after installing iis a few months ago, typing 192.168.1.1 would take me to the iis page only. after uninstalling iis i still can't access the admin page site can't be reached. the router admin page can be access perfectly...