Windows 10: I am not able to access the local host.

Discus and support I am not able to access the local host. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i search for local host in Google Chrome I am getting an error message stating that "localhost refused to connect". I have have checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnbrittoJohnson, Apr 13, 2019.

1. I am not able to access the local host.

When i search for local host in Google Chrome I am getting an error message stating that "localhost refused to connect".

I have have checked the firewall settings and everything looks ok. I am not able to access the local host. efd06585-32ae-43fd-bd83-6fdc2b514dbf?upload=true.png

:)

JohnbrittoJohnson, Apr 13, 2019

2. Unable to access Local Disks (CI am not able to access the local host. :), (DI am not able to access the local host. :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Remote access to my (local) server's folders

I am running a simple local fileserver. Windows based.

I would like to access (load, save, modify) what's on this server when I am away on business trips. Laptop -- internet -- router - server

What is the best way to do this? Setup WebDAV or ftp-server or something else? I would prefer direct access, ie. being able to load/save from an application rather than using ftp as a separate step.

Completely Bonkers, Apr 13, 2019
  4. sammy Win User

I am not able to access the local host.

Not able to access Pendrive connected to host in Vmware machine..

Hi Guys,

I am not able to access Pendrive connected to host in Vmware machine., what is the best way to do that?
    I am using VMWARE Workstation 8.
    Seen some youtube videos but still no success , so now would like to hear from experts here.

Thanks

sammy, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

I am not able to access the local host.

1. I am not able to access the local host. - Similar Threads - able access local

2. Am I ever going to be able to pin my local documents folder to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I ever going to be able to pin my local documents folder to Quick Access?: Just upgraded my laptop and totally lost control over my files since Onedrive took over all my files. I have been able to turn off the Onedrive backup feature, but I cannot seem to pin my local documents folder to the Quick Access area. I actually liked having the ability to...
  3. Am I ever going to be able to pin my local documents folder to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I ever going to be able to pin my local documents folder to Quick Access?: Just upgraded my laptop and totally lost control over my files since Onedrive took over all my files. I have been able to turn off the Onedrive backup feature, but I cannot seem to pin my local documents folder to the Quick Access area. I actually liked having the ability to...
  4. i am trying yo access my excell but i am not able

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am trying yo access my excell but i am not able: i have ms qorg , Excell etc however when i attempted to access mt Excell files i was not ablei https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-yo-access-my-excell-but-i-am-not-able/b8b8752b-6342-48ac-9135-2f762186b97a
  5. i am trying yo access my excell but i am not able

i am trying yo access my excell but i am not able: i have ms qorg , Excell etc however when i attempted to access mt Excell files i was not ablei https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-yo-access-my-excell-but-i-am-not-able/b8b8752b-6342-48ac-9135-2f762186b97a
  6. I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY: I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY->THREAT AND PROTECTION->IT IS SHOWING YOUR IT ADMINISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME AREAS OF THIS APP AND THE ITEM YOU TRIED TO ACESS IS NOT AVAILABLE CONTACT IT HELPDESK FOR MORE IMFORMATION CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO RESOLVE IT...
  7. I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY

I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY: I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY->THREAT AND PROTECTION->IT IS SHOWING YOUR IT ADMINISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME AREAS OF THIS APP AND THE ITEM YOU TRIED TO ACESS IS NOT AVAILABLE CONTACT IT HELPDESK FOR MORE IMFORMATION CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO RESOLVE IT...
  8. Local host is not accessible from outside

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local host is not accessible from outside: Hi team, I've recently upgraded from win 10 to 11. I am learning web development. The problem I'm facing is , after hosting my web page locally in my pc, I'm trying to access that from my Android using ip address and port my pc stays connected at that time via mobile hotspot....
  9. Local host is not accessible from outside

Local host is not accessible from outside: Hi team, I've recently upgraded from win 10 to 11. I am learning web development. The problem I'm facing is , after hosting my web page locally in my pc, I'm trying to access that from my Android using ip address and port my pc stays connected at that time via mobile hotspot....
  10. I am not able to access without VPN

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not able to access without VPN: Hello, Hope you all are fine, well want to discuss my issue that I'm using HP laptop ProBook Intel processor core i5 windows 10. I bought it from China 2 year back when I was studying over there, when I reached in Sydney, Australia I realize something is wrong with my...