Windows 10: I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc

Discus and support I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a 50 pack of blank 52x 700mb (80 min of music) CD-Rs made by HP. However, I am--for some reason--not able to burn any data or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by portaprat, Mar 18, 2019.

1. portaprat Win User

I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc

I have recently purchased a 50 pack of blank 52x 700mb (80 min of music) CD-Rs made by HP. However, I am--for some reason--not able to burn any data or music to any of the CDs I have tried. I have tried burning music to 23 of the CDs so far (what I have been doing this whole entire day), and it never seems to work. I have a compatible DVD/CD drive on my HP 580-023w desktop PC that even advertises on the box that it is capable of burning to CDs. I have the newest drivers for the drive, so the drive should be no issue, as I have even watched DVD movies from it before and installed software from it. Whenever I use Windows Media Player or any third-party CD burning software on my Windows 10 PC, it never works. I add the music I want (under 40 mins of music) to the Windows Media Player list, then queue to burn.

After preparing every single file... It will state 'Writing to disc' on the first track for a few seconds...

I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc 0614a106-4dc8-4ab7-a306-d78c4ec8d266?upload=true.png

... Then it will pop up on error message stating:

I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc 74d56156-4c85-41ed-9593-e4ae94f04835?upload=true.png

Every other third party application I've used also has a similar generic message, with ImgBurn stating that my disc isn't writable (even though it is a CD-R meant for writing to), and CDBurnerXP stating that it, while it does detect I have a drive, that it doesn't detect that I have a CD in. I have no clue what to do.

:)

portaprat, Mar 18, 2019

2. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

Well, Clark, I assume you burned the wav files into a blank DVD type disc, that's probably the reason why the CD player can't recognize DVD disc. MP3 format doesn't seem to be the reason, so I suggest you buy some CD-R type blank disc and burn your audios
    to it. Good luck!

Dexter Lien, Mar 18, 2019
  4. I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc

CD-R cannot view disc

I have photo's on CD-R disc that I can't view. What steps do I have to go through to view CD-R disc not burn onto a CD-R disc?

Windows 10 Media Player- Original Title

JoyceStrickland, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc

1. I am not able to burn to a CD-R no matter the software or disc - Similar Threads - able burn matter

2. CD Burning software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Burning software: I have some software for burning CDs. I may have bought one or two and I may have downloaded free ones are got them with my burners. Shampoo took too long to start. Nero Burning rom won't let me change columns. And it goes on with others. I want a lot of flexibility with...
  3. cd writer won't burn discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd writer won't burn discs: I have a sandstrom cd writer but my win 10 HP laptop wont burn discs to it. Ive tried several programs and get the same error message saying check drivers or connection. It reads and plays cds and dvds fine just wont write....
  4. cd writer won't burn discs

cd writer won't burn discs: I have a sandstrom cd writer but my win 10 HP laptop wont burn discs to it. Ive tried several programs and get the same error message saying check drivers or connection. It reads and plays cds and dvds fine just wont write....
  5. cd writer won't burn discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Burning a bd-r disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning a bd-r disc: I tried to burn photos to a bd-r disc with window10 but it would not recognize the disc.I then tried to burn a br-d disc using BurnAwareFree software but that didn't recognize the disc either.Do I need an external blue ray burner to do this or is there another way?...
  7. Burning CD Disc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Burning CD Disc.: Why would my Burn List be in a different order when burned to the disc. This has only recently started to happen. I operate Windows 10 and use Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cd-disc/d16045fd-5d5e-4a0f-96d8-703774c362f3
  8. Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning audio files onto a CD-R disc: Having trouble burning audio files onto a CD-R disc from my hard drive or from a USB device. The disc wants to format data as DVD instead of CD, which limits the devices on which I can play back the audio. The files being transferred to the disc are all WAV files. I have...
  9. burn CD-R with Windows player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn CD-R with Windows player: I have Windows 10, I can copy original CD music in Windows Player Media, but, then, can't burn to a blank CD-R? I'm nearly 80 yrs old, not a teenage. Need help, Thank you...
  10. I am trying to burn an audio CD (CD-R) on a LiteOn burner (eBAU108-11).

I am trying to burn an audio CD (CD-R) on a LiteOn burner (eBAU108-11).: The burn process starts, quickly advances to 34% then 67% then ejects the disk and says "burn failed". What am I doing wrong. Using USB 2.0 and trying to burn .wma files. ACER Windows 10 computer. Any suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to burn a cd on cd-r