Windows 10: I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD

Discus and support I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am using windows 11, 512SSD with only C drive.I have already disable page, hybernate and restore. I have 300+ GB free space but shrinkable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kuldeep Singh111, Jun 9, 2023.

1. I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD

Hello,I am using windows 11, 512SSD with only C drive.I have already disable page, hybernate and restore. I have 300+ GB free space but shrinkable volume comes out to be 100GBapproxEvent Viewer:### A volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume OS C:. This event log entry details information about the last unmovable file that could limit the maximum number of reclaimable bytes. Diagnostic details: - The last u

:)

Kuldeep Singh111, Jun 9, 2023
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Not able to install new ISO on SSD

Thanks for this. I also had to delete my old Windows partition on my SSD due to existing MBR. Nice step-by-step Mark. *cake

pilsnermonkey, Jun 9, 2023
  4. JonGrimes Win User

I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD

External SATA3 SSD to USB (512GB Crucial MX100 SSD) showing up as a Hard drive in Windows 10 Defragment and optimize drives?

Hi Anup,

Thanks again for your response, suggesting a Windows 10 System Restore &/or using the file history to restore files.

I have been using the Windows 10 file history feature & backing up my files to the external 512GB Crucial MX100

SATA3 to USB 3.0 SSD ever since installing the full retail version of Windows 10 Home 64-bit USB Flash UEFI onto

my ASUS G751JY notebooks' 512GB OEM Samsung SM951 PCIe (AHCI) M.2 OS SSD.

I've never tried using the Windows 10 file history feature to restore files and also have never attempted to use

the system restore feature. I'll let you know if either method successfully fixes the issue of getting the Windows 10

Defragment and Optimize drives to correctly list the external 512GB Crucial MX100 SATA3 to USB 3.0 SSD as an SSD

(and not as a hard disc drive).

I believe the event occurred after the last Windows 10 update because I recall the drive being listed correctly as an SSD

after initially clean installing Windows 10.

Take care Anup,

Jon Grimes

JonGrimes, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD

1. I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD - Similar Threads - able create partition

2. I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD: Hello,I am using windows 11, 512SSD with only C drive.I have already disable page, hybernate and restore. I have 300+ GB free space but shrinkable volume comes out to be 100GBapproxEvent Viewer:### A volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume OS C:. This event log entry...
  3. I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to create partition in my 512GB SSD: Hello,I am using windows 11, 512SSD with only C drive.I have already disable page, hybernate and restore. I have 300+ GB free space but shrinkable volume comes out to be 100GBapproxEvent Viewer:### A volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume OS C:. This event log entry...
  4. I am not able to partition my ssd even though there is space available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to partition my ssd even though there is space available: This is the defrag log from event viewer A volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume Acer C:. This event log entry details information about the last unmovable file that could limit the maximum number of reclaimable bytes. Diagnostic details: - The last unmovable file...
  5. I am not able to partition my ssd even though there is space available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to partition my ssd even though there is space available: This is the defrag log from event viewer A volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume Acer C:. This event log entry details information about the last unmovable file that could limit the maximum number of reclaimable bytes. Diagnostic details: - The last unmovable file...
  6. I am not able to create VM with my subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to create VM with my subscription: I am not able to crate VM with my subscription please see the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-create-vm-with-my-subscription/3da76f8f-1abd-48ce-a9d1-91ffcebf77c2
  7. I am not able to create VM with my subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to create VM with my subscription: I am not able to crate VM with my subscription please see the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-create-vm-with-my-subscription/3da76f8f-1abd-48ce-a9d1-91ffcebf77c2
  8. create partition SSD on SSHD

create partition SSD on SSHD: Dearsi had hp laptop contain recovery win 8.1 , i decided to move on win 10 so i delete all partition and create new onei can't create ssd all of them are HDD so the windows is slow , please your supportthanks...
  9. Partition on my SSD.

Partition on my SSD.: The above image shows the partition of my disks, volume 0 & 1 are partitions from hdd of 1TB. My SSD in which only os is installed is of 120gb in which only 96gb is allocated for Cos. There are three hidden partitions, Is it safe to delete them? Or I should keep them??...
  10. Not able to create new partition

Not able to create new partition: Hi, I have 150 GB of free space in one partition and when I am trying to create a new partition out of it in the disk management, it is not happening. The mouse cursor just shows that some processing is happening but I am not seeing a new Unallocated space in my disk...