Windows 10: I am not able to delete some user files in the USER directory - and the User is already...

Discus and support I am not able to delete some user files in the USER directory - and the User is already... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new computer with Windows 10 and after a few days I had a problem with the Microsoft Store (Basically I couldnt download any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thomas LBaron, Nov 16, 2018.

1. I am not able to delete some user files in the USER directory - and the User is already...

Hi,

I just bought a new computer with Windows 10 and after a few days I had a problem with the Microsoft Store (Basically I couldnt download any app).

I tried various ways to resolve this, including creating a new separate windows user to determine whether my problem was user related or general related. But the problem was still present with my new user.

I got in touch with Microsoft, who suggested I rolled back to the initial Restore point there was on my computer, which I did.

After rolling back my "test" user was no longer there, but its user files were still present. I delete the folder and its contents except for one folder I cannot delete with my primary and only user (also Admin). It does not care that I am Admin, and I am not able to take ownership in the folder security settings, as that option is greyed out. It says only user "S-1-5-21-1722693119-1388703926-3534512504-1002" can read or delete the folder. I assume this number is an internal reference as the actual user ID has been deleted.

My question is - how can I delete the last folder without having access and without having the original user profile?

I would have preferred the Microsoft lady had asked me to remove my test user prior to the roll-back.

Thanks,

:)

Thomas LBaron, Nov 16, 2018

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    I am not able to delete some user files in the USER directory - and the User is already... 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 16, 2018
  4. I am not able to delete some user files in the USER directory - and the User is already...

User files

Hi Alan,

We'd like to know if you're able to access the temporary (Test) account. If so, you may copy and paste your files from the Test folder to your preferred folder. After moving your files, access your main account; then delete the temporary user account. Follow
    the steps below to delete User Account:

• Open Control Panel > User Accounts >
      User Accounts
    • Click Manage another account, If prompted by User Account Control; select
      Yes.
    • Select the user you want to delete > Hit Delete the account > Choose
      Delete Files or Keep Files.
    • Choose Delete Account > Close the Control Panel.

Note: Make sure you're logged in as an administrator, before deleting the test account.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

I am not able to delete some user files in the USER directory - and the User is already...

1. I am not able to delete some user files in the USER directory - and the User is already... - Similar Threads - able delete user

2. Am I able to delete my C:\Users\Public\Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Am I able to delete my C:\Users\Public\Documents: I wanted to be able to download csgo but I do not have enough space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-i-able-to-delete-my-cuserspublicdocuments/894b51a0-ab67-49f1-b1ab-f370c9337c8c
  3. Am I able to delete my C:\Users\Public\Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I able to delete my C:\Users\Public\Documents: I wanted to be able to download csgo but I do not have enough space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-i-able-to-delete-my-cuserspublicdocuments/894b51a0-ab67-49f1-b1ab-f370c9337c8c
  4. Delete a user file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete a user file: When i initially set up my pc I was unfamiliar with the process. I believe i set up a local admin account and then i added my spouse microsoft account as she had a 365 subscription. Since then i now have my own user admin microsoft account. I would now like to delete her user...
  5. Delete a user file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a user file: When i initially set up my pc I was unfamiliar with the process. I believe i set up a local admin account and then i added my spouse microsoft account as she had a 365 subscription. Since then i now have my own user admin microsoft account. I would now like to delete her user...
  6. Other User - not able to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User - not able to delete: Someone else used their microsoft logon on my laptop. Their name now constantly appear on my log on screen. I then went into explorer windows>users>and deleted their files and attempted to go into settings>users to delete but they are not listed there. How can I get their...
  7. Other User - not able to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User - not able to delete: Someone else used their microsoft logon on my laptop. Their name now constantly appear on my log on screen. I then went into explorer windows>users>and deleted their files and attempted to go into settings>users to delete but they are not listed there. How can I get their...
  8. Other User - not able to delete

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Weird User Folder in Users Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird User Folder in Users Directory: I have noticed that in my Users directory that the folder name for one of my users is "DESKTOP.7MODD72". Anyone have any experience with this happening? If so, what caused it? Windows 10 - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 submitted by /u/e-_-v [link] [comments]...
  10. Can I delete temporary User Profiles and folders from Users directory?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I delete temporary User Profiles and folders from Users directory?: I am trying to determine whether I can delete TEMP User Profiles. One of my Win 10 Pro machines was updated to Version 1903 last night. After rebooting and trying to log in, I received the message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in." I was about the try...