Windows 10: i am not able to extend a drive partition. the un allocated memory is right next to the one...

Discus and support i am not able to extend a drive partition. the un allocated memory is right next to the one... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; the un allocated memory is right next to the one i want to extend. it is an ntfs file too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JiviteshTiwari, May 15, 2020.

1. i am not able to extend a drive partition. the un allocated memory is right next to the one...

the un allocated memory is right next to the one i want to extend. it is an ntfs file too

:)

JiviteshTiwari, May 15, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 15, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (Ci am not able to extend a drive partition. the un allocated memory is right next to the one... :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 15, 2020
  4. i am not able to extend a drive partition. the un allocated memory is right next to the one...

how to allocate 200GB for c drive from partitioning of 1TB HDD ?

Close that window you have on screen so we can see your partition layout.

Since you have what appears to be a single partition, you can shrinking your 1 TB drive to 400 GBs, click Shrink.

This will create unallocated space.

Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (Ci am not able to extend a drive partition. the un allocated memory is right next to the one... :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, May 15, 2020
Thema:

i am not able to extend a drive partition. the un allocated memory is right next to the one...

1. i am not able to extend a drive partition. the un allocated memory is right next to the one... - Similar Threads - able extend drive

2. How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?: I reinstalled windows 10 via a usb driver and the disks ended up completely messed up after the reinstallation: disk C with only 14 GB which is obviously not enough for everything that's located there program files, downoalds etc. Before the reinstall disk C had space of 450...
  3. How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?: I reinstalled windows 10 via a usb driver and the disks ended up completely messed up after the reinstallation: disk C with only 14 GB which is obviously not enough for everything that's located there program files, downoalds etc. Before the reinstall disk C had space of 450...
  4. My C drive is full; therefore, I want free allocated memory for it but the drive next to it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C drive is full; therefore, I want free allocated memory for it but the drive next to it...: My C drive is full; therefore, I want to delete drive next to it i.e D drive. But some 11 GBs of memory from this Drive is used for Virtual Memory. And there for I can't delete it so that I can extend C drive. What should I do?...
  5. My C drive is full; therefore, I want free allocated memory for it but the drive next to it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My C drive is full; therefore, I want free allocated memory for it but the drive next to it...: My C drive is full; therefore, I want to delete drive next to it i.e D drive. But some 11 GBs of memory from this Drive is used for Virtual Memory. And there for I can't delete it so that I can extend C drive. What should I do?...
  6. i cannot extend C: volume, i have 500gb available on the drive, un-allocated how can i...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cannot extend C: volume, i have 500gb available on the drive, un-allocated how can i...: I am running out of space on my C: drive, I have 500gb un-allocated on the drive, but the Extend Volume on C: is greyed out , I cannot access it how do I extend C:....?? please help.......
  7. Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:: I am not able to unpartition my C: drive and I got advice from the web to remove the allocated drive next to it, but I have a recovery partition next to it. Very confused because I cannot access or delete it to extend C:. Most hopeful that I get an answer as soon as possible....
  8. i am un able to set pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i am un able to set pin: sir i dont know what just happened but my pc was running good and without a trouble i use to log into my pc with pin everyday then all of sudden after logging into my Ms Office 365 account with my UCW College organization log in id and and password creditials i was able to...
  9. Extend partition that is next to unallocated space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extend partition that is next to unallocated space: So I have a 250 GB D: drive 50 GB E: drive and I want to extend the E: drive. Problem is when I shrink the D: drive I cannot extend the E: drive since it comes after the unallocated space. The only way I see this possible is to make a partition F: copy all data from E: to F:...
  10. Cannot extend un-allocated space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot extend un-allocated space: I cannot extend my c drive to take this unallocated space of 651MB? [img] How do i do it? 24152

Users found this page by searching for:

1. expand unallocated space in c drive