Windows 10: I am not able to install MySQL via installer and not able to Remove MySQL 5.1

Discus and support I am not able to install MySQL via installer and not able to Remove MySQL 5.1 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to install MySQL 8.0.23 and want to remove the 5.1 version, but whenever i tried to Remove and install it shows first error2503 and next 2502.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SunilPandya, Feb 7, 2021.

1. I am not able to install MySQL via installer and not able to Remove MySQL 5.1

I want to install MySQL 8.0.23 and want to remove the 5.1 version, but whenever i tried to Remove and install it shows first error2503 and next 2502.

I have searched for the above error, I have a start and stop windows explorer, I have downloaded Ccleaner and run the same, I am using CCleaner on daily basis.

I have done some other work example in windows I deleted CBS Temp. Restart the computer, but no work, only in hand frustration.

Request to show me the well proper way other than above.

Sunil Pandya

Mumbai

India

:)

SunilPandya, Feb 7, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Not able to install MySQL in Microsoft Surface Pro x

Hi Vidhya

Your screenshot is very blurry, I cannot see the MySQL components you are trying to install . . .

Before adding any other MySQL components you must install the Server component, so that it is running in the background on your PC to be able to handle queries on a MySQL Database . . .

Is this the MySQL Server download you are trying to install, this installer will install all the required components to get MySQL running on your PC . . .?

MySQL :: Download MySQL Community Server

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Feb 7, 2021
  3. How to completely uninstall MySQL?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article ‘Which Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall MySQL from the device.

Step 1

Uninstall MySQL from Control Panel. To do so,

Go to Control Panel >Programs and Features > Select
    MySQL > Click on Uninstall.

After you have uninstalled MySQL through Add/Remove programs, you now need to remove the existing database information which includes your actual data. If you need any of that data, be sure to back it up. Next you can delete
    the data directory.

Step 2

Run Command Prompt as Administrator and execute the following command to stop and remove MySQL service.

Net stop MySQL

Sc delete MySQL

Step 3

1. Click on Start, type in Show hidden files and folders.
    2. Select the View tab and select
      Show hidden files and folders
    3. Now explore the following locations and delete following folders.

C:\Program Files\MySQL

C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL

C:\ProgramData\MySQL

And if exists, delete the folder from the location.

C:\Users\[User-Name]\AppData\Roaming\MySQL
    4. Restart your device and check the status.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 7, 2021
  4. I am not able to install MySQL via installer and not able to Remove MySQL 5.1

Troubles Installing MYSQL on Debian

I am having a heck of a time getting mysql installed.

[FAIL] Starting MySQL database server: mysqld . . . . . . . . . . . . . . failed!
    invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing mysql-server-5.5 (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    configured to not write apport reports
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    mysql-server-5.5
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

configured to not write apport reports
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    mysql-server-5.5
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    root@rci-dam:/home/user# dpkg: error processing mysql-server-5.5 (--configure):
    bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    root@rci-dam:/home/user# subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    bash: subprocess: command not found
    root@rci-dam:/home/user# configured to not write apport reports
    bash: configured: command not found
    root@rci-dam:/home/user# Errors were encountered while processing:
    bash: Errors: command not found
    root@rci-dam:/home/user# mysql-server-5.5
    bash: mysql-server-5.5: command not found
    root@rci-dam:/home/user# E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    root@rci-dam:/home/user#

Any help? I have done a complete reinstall.

apt-get remove --purge mysql\*
    dpkg -1 | grep -1 mysql
    apt-get clean
    updatedb

Then tried installing, but every time it ends up the same.

ZenZimZaliben, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

I am not able to install MySQL via installer and not able to Remove MySQL 5.1

1. I am not able to install MySQL via installer and not able to Remove MySQL 5.1 - Similar Threads - able install MySQL

2. MySQL installation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MySQL installation issue: Hello Team, I am facing error message while installing mysql-installer-community-8.0.31.0.msi. in windows 11 64 bit.I have uninstalled older version from control panel and deleted every folder from c drive. PFA the attached error msg coming while clicking to install MySQL....
  3. MySQL installation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MySQL installation issue: Hello Team, I am facing error message while installing mysql-installer-community-8.0.31.0.msi. in windows 11 64 bit.I have uninstalled older version from control panel and deleted every folder from c drive. PFA the attached error msg coming while clicking to install MySQL....
  4. Windows Installer issue, when trying to install MySql

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer issue, when trying to install MySql: I am trying to install MySql on windows 11, but I am running into the following error when running the .msi file:Error:"There was a problem starting C:\Windows\Installer\MSI246C.tmpC:\Windows\Installer\MSI246C.tmp is not a valid win32 application."I am also having issues...
  5. Windows Installer issue, when trying to install MySql

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer issue, when trying to install MySql: I am trying to install MySql on windows 11, but I am running into the following error when running the .msi file:Error:"There was a problem starting C:\Windows\Installer\MSI246C.tmpC:\Windows\Installer\MSI246C.tmp is not a valid win32 application."I am also having issues...
  6. mysql

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mysql: mysql was not instaling in laptop my windows 10 home single language tell me any idea to instal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysql/f816549b-ff83-47c3-b8be-eefef5d790b1
  7. Windows 10 Powershell, MySQL Installer not opening

Windows 10 Powershell, MySQL Installer not opening: Hi, I've been trying to install the MySQL server/workbench Workbench 8.0, and the application would not open. No error was displayed on the screen either. I also tried running the MySQL installer 8.0.21 https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/, and the installer would not...
  8. Uninstall MySQL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall MySQL: Hi I want to completely remove MySql which was installed a few years back. It throws up an error about root something or other followed by an unhandled exception error every time I start up. I haven't used it for a while either so just want to uninstall it without ruining...
  9. MySQL community server does not install!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MySQL community server does not install!: Hello guys, the server does not install no matter what. Idk what to do, I have installed all versions of visual c++ (15,17,19), deleted everything, and installed everything from the beginning, tried different versions of servers to install, and so far the only version 5.1.45...
  10. Not able to install MySQL in Microsoft Surface Pro x

Not able to install MySQL in Microsoft Surface Pro x: Hi , I am new to technology. I tried to install My SQL in Microsoft Surface Pro x.MYSQL server is missing. If anybody installed MYSQL in Surface Pro .Please help me to install. Thanks [ATTACH]...