Windows 10: I am not able to log in with a PIN, and I don't know the password to the account

Discus and support I am not able to log in with a PIN, and I don't know the password to the account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I changed my password for my account online, but I fear that the former password is cached. I still cannot log in. What are my options here? other... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by L.Allan.78, Mar 10, 2021.

1. I am not able to log in with a PIN, and I don't know the password to the account

I changed my password for my account online, but I fear that the former password is cached. I still cannot log in.

What are my options here? other than a re-install?

:)

L.Allan.78, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Mar 10, 2021
  4. I am not able to log in with a PIN, and I don't know the password to the account

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      I am not able to log in with a PIN, and I don't know the password to the account [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

I am not able to log in with a PIN, and I don't know the password to the account

1. I am not able to log in with a PIN, and I don't know the password to the account - Similar Threads - able log PIN

2. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't Know Local Account Password: So, i bought my laptop in 2017 and i'm a forgetful person, Long story short, i want to organize my saved password on chrome. Sadly, it required windows password, which made me quite perplexed. i didn't remember setting password or i already forgot about that. So i want to log...
  3. I don't know my pin and the password textBox isn't working

I don't know my pin and the password textBox isn't working: Hello guysContextYesterday I was exploring and I touch the pin configuration, I wanted to put a new one because it's recommended but there was another one disabled so I only could alter the pin if I knew the previous one. So I didn't touch anymore and all was normal before...
  4. I don't know my pin and the password textBox isn't working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I don't know my pin and the password textBox isn't working: Hello guysContextYesterday I was exploring and I touch the pin configuration, I wanted to put a new one because it's recommended but there was another one disabled so I only could alter the pin if I knew the previous one. So I didn't touch anymore and all was normal before...
  5. I don't know my pin and the password textBox isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know the Administrator Password: How do you reset the Administrator password of a laptop I have no clue what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-administrator-password/f2c469a8-75ad-462c-b7f6-be42b52b77a2
  7. I don't know the Administrator Password

I don't know the Administrator Password: How do you reset the Administrator password of a laptop I have no clue what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-administrator-password/f2c469a8-75ad-462c-b7f6-be42b52b77a2
  8. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account

I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account: I use my fingerprint to open my laptop but I got injured on the finger that I use to access it and it asks for the PIN. The problem is I forgot my pin. I know my account password but it needs the PIN. I tried several times to open it with my account password but it needs the...
  10. I am not able to Log In

I am not able to Log In: On my windows laptop, it keeps saying "You can't sign into your device right now go to account.live.com to fix the problem.". I have changed my password in order to try to login, however it keeps saying that I can not log in to the device, and must go to account.live.com,...