Windows 10: I am not able to open MS Word documents.

Discus and support I am not able to open MS Word documents. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having problem opening MS Word documents. It kept kicking me out or not even open. There is a notification "Display driver failed to start; using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lcheeken1, May 18, 2020.

1. lcheeken1 Win User

I am not able to open MS Word documents.

I am having problem opening MS Word documents. It kept kicking me out or not even open.

There is a notification "Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead."

Please advise. Thank you!

Ken

:)

lcheeken1, May 18, 2020
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, May 18, 2020
  3. MGurno Win User
    When I open MS Word documents

When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally?

MGurno, May 18, 2020
  4. I am not able to open MS Word documents.

Opening a Word Document

Thank you for replying. The first line of my post did say

• "I need to open a Word Document on a government website to complete a form."

SheenaRead, May 18, 2020
Thema:

I am not able to open MS Word documents.

1. I am not able to open MS Word documents. - Similar Threads - able open Word

2. Can't open Word Documents with MS 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Word Documents with MS 365: As of earlier this week, our MS 365 will now not let me open Word documents. When I double click on the document title and "Use Word to open" the blue wheel spins than disappears with no document appearing. Files aren't corrupted, as I can open with Office Suite free for now....
  3. Can't open Word Documents with MS 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Word Documents with MS 365: As of earlier this week, our MS 365 will now not let me open Word documents. When I double click on the document title and "Use Word to open" the blue wheel spins than disappears with no document appearing. Files aren't corrupted, as I can open with Office Suite free for now....
  4. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  5. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  6. Opening Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Word documents: Hi - As of yesterday evening I have been unable to open any documents either Word or PDF on my Lenovo ideapad laptop. Can anyone advise how to solve this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-word-documents/46f3303a-40c6-42bf-b342-3a6e5e41a494
  7. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  8. opening word documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening word documents: My laptop will not open current saved documents in word on desktop. A window opens and goes to reconfigure, then asks if I want to reboot. After reboot the same thing happens when I try to open a word document. This happens with all of word documents on desktop. However, word...
  9. I cannot open Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot open Word documents: My OS is Windows 10 and I have recently installed Office 365 but I cannot open either a new document docx or one attached to an email . While an error message sometimes appears it disappears off the screen before I can read it. Any suggestions as to what's going on and how to...
  10. When I open MS Word documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open MS Word documents: When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/when-i-open-ms-word-documents/41b7d182-4393-4b85-a9cf-db993c031280