Windows 10: I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free

Discus and support I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am not able to shrink volume of my C: Drive even though alot of space is free, I want to reduce the C: Drive to 100GB but it is not working. I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rahul Nishad, Jun 23, 2024.

1. I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free

I am not able to shrink volume of my C: Drive even though alot of space is free, I want to reduce the C: Drive to 100GB but it is not working. I am not that good at computer stuff therefore can someone help me out with Step by Step guidance on how to reduce it?I have attached some screenshots that I think are necessary. If you need anything else please ask because I really need help for this.It is an HP x360 Pavilion i7 1165G7, I went to the HP Service Center near me and they said it is due to BitLocker and they weren't able to shrink it but IDK what BitLocker is so I am just stuck at this po

:)

Rahul Nishad, Jun 23, 2024

2. I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help

I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help

Bismay Kumar Nandy, Jun 23, 2024
  3. AnjaneyaH Win User
    Shrinking of C Drive is Not possible

windows 8.1

i have total space of around 220 Gb in C drive which i would like to reduce and transfer the space to other drive. when i tried the 'Shrink' option, it showed available shrink of around 5Gb which reduced the C drive to 215 Gb.

How to further REDUCE the volume in C drive and Transfer the space to Other Drives?

Help me out.

AnjaneyaH, Jun 23, 2024
  4. I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free

Can't shrink the volume of the C drive.

I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free 6e3e03aa-44cc-4e14-9d75-e2ef3ac6dc15.png
    Hi.
    I just reset my PC. I've 688.9GB of space in my C drive and 207 in D drive. (I haven't installed anything yet). Starting off, I just wanted to create another partition. But I can't shrink the volume of my C drive. It says 0MB of size available in shrink space.
    Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

AhmedNadeemSF, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free

1. I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free - Similar Threads - able shrink volume

2. I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free: I am not able to shrink volume of my C: Drive even though alot of space is free, I want to reduce the C: Drive to 100GB but it is not working. I am not that good at computer stuff therefore can someone help me out with Step by Step guidance on how to reduce it?I have attached...
  3. I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help: I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-many-free-space-in-ssd-c-drive-but-i-am-not/1df78ff8-a792-40ba-89cb-957aadd6cab0
  4. I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help

I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help: I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-many-free-space-in-ssd-c-drive-but-i-am-not/1df78ff8-a792-40ba-89cb-957aadd6cab0
  5. I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?: I wanted to free up space from my C Drive so that I can install ubuntu in the free partition , but when I clicked on the C Drive in the disk management to shrink free space , it shows me only 7000 mb available even when it shows 118 GB free . Can you please suggest me some...
  6. I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?

I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?: I wanted to free up space from my C Drive so that I can install ubuntu in the free partition , but when I clicked on the C Drive in the disk management to shrink free space , it shows me only 7000 mb available even when it shows 118 GB free . Can you please suggest me some...
  7. Though unallocated space is available i am not able to extend it in my c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Though unallocated space is available i am not able to extend it in my c drive: Please resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/though-unallocated-space-is-available-i-am-not/39a8a2f5-330a-4111-9d63-57a83a6bc044
  8. Though unallocated space is available i am not able to extend it in my c drive

Though unallocated space is available i am not able to extend it in my c drive: Please resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/though-unallocated-space-is-available-i-am-not/39a8a2f5-330a-4111-9d63-57a83a6bc044
  9. Free Space opn C: Drive Consistently Shrinking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free Space opn C: Drive Consistently Shrinking: Hello all. I've a good bit of info to get through, so please forgive me.I used to use a Seagate 2TB HDD as my primary drive, partitioned three different ways. I upgraded to a Crucial 1TB SSD about a couple weeks ago now. When I noticed some odd behavior both in the back-up of...
  10. not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free: Some of windows system files got corrupted so i did recover it through recovery drive. Everything was fine until i knew that Windows C: is taking up 500GB of my disk space. I tried shrinking it but it's showing " available space on drive for shrinking : 0mb "..... Total space...