Windows 10: I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged...

Discus and support I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; if unplug earphones from headphone jack then I can listen through laptop speakers otherwise voice come through earphones onlywhere if I use Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmanKLWx10, Jun 25, 2021.

1. I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged...

if unplug earphones from headphone jack then I can listen through laptop speakers otherwise voice come through earphones onlywhere if I use Bluetooth earphonesand normal earphones unplugged from headphone jack then I can swich between bluetooth earphones and laptop speakerswhen earphones plugged in to headphone jacksee there is no option to swich between eaephones and laptop speakersdont be confuse here it is just named speakers in ss but audio is playing in earphones onlywhen earphones unplugged in to headphone jacksee here name is same but now audio is obviously coming from lap

:)

AmanKLWx10, Jun 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 will not switch from speakers to earphones

I know there have been numerous similar problems/solutions regarding this Windows 10 issue but my problem persists, perhaps in part because I can't always find the right files etc on my computer.

I used to run Windows 7 but upgraded to Windows 10. Major major mistake!! My computer is now mostly a large paper weight and generally functions like one. I could potentially write a long list of Windows 10 screw-ups, but I digress from my current issue.

On Windows 7 I could have my speakers on but when I plugged in my earphones the sound automatically switched the speakers to the earphones. With Windows 10 I have to manually change the default setting from speakers to earphones and back again when I'm
    done using the earphones. The speakers work when they are set as default but the earphones do not work and vice versa when the earphones are set as default. It seems like it should be a very simple fix, but nothing I've tried has worked. Any suggestions
    would be welcome.

longtimealaskan, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Cackling sounds when plugging earphones to laptop

Dirty connection, maybe!?

Could be a 3-zone vs 4-zone thing as well, as phones utilize the additional zone for media controls, whereas the laptop may not...

I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged... [​IMG]

I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged... [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 25, 2021
  4. applepie Win User

I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged...

Windows 10: No Sound coming out of earphones (only speakers work)

It's a laptop (dual booting Win10[recently upgraded from win7 64bit] and Elementary OS Freya)

It's nothing to do with hardware issues

Earphones worked fine on my Elementary OS so my audio jack is definitely not broken or anything like that. Earphones work on my phone as well so i'm quite positive it's to do with windows 10 only.

No sound coming out of earphones

There's no sound coming out of the earphones, and I'm sure it's nothing to do with them because they work fine when I plug them into my phone. Also, I've tried another pair of earphones which resulted the same. However, the sound works perfectly without the earphones plugged into my laptop, the speakers are fine.

unsure if it's to do with drivers

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers, reinstalling and nothing works.

However, I have Windows 10 but could only find drivers for Windows 7/8

settings

I've googled a bit and most would suggest something like checking the playback devices but the only one on my list is 'Speakers'.

Realtek detected my earphones

When I plug in my earphones, Realtek detected them and even popped up the notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

http://imgur.com/dFqaTU1
    as shown in the picture, when i toggle my mouse onto the black circle, it clearly detected something was plugged in, but somehow audio just won't play through my earphones.

applepie, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged...

1. I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged... - Similar Threads - able switch between

2. Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged: Audio in my laptop is coming from speaker as well as earphone at the same time when earphone is plugged. Please tell me how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-coming-simultaneously-from-earphone-and/065670d8-f50e-4e25-8857-68e5d50161e7
  3. Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged: Audio in my laptop is coming from speaker as well as earphone at the same time when earphone is plugged. Please tell me how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-coming-simultaneously-from-earphone-and/065670d8-f50e-4e25-8857-68e5d50161e7
  4. Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.: Hello;Previously I created a question,please see this thread to understand the question :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-sound-devices-anymore/fc564b54-be16-457f-a1cb-3edd332f754c . The problem is not solved yet and my thread is...
  6. Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.: Hello;Previously I created a question,please see this thread to understand the question :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-sound-devices-anymore/fc564b54-be16-457f-a1cb-3edd332f754c . The problem is not solved yet and my thread is...
  7. Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via...

I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via...: my earphones takes place of laptop speaker even in devices also it shows earphones as speakers nameand dont give option to change between earphone and laptop speakereven if I am using bluetooth earphones then I can swich b/w them and laptop speaker but as I plugin normal...
  9. When I plug in earphones there is no sound

When I plug in earphones there is no sound: I use Windows 10 PC, it is Dell Inspiron 7000. I cannot use earphones because they are not working, no sound when I plug them in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-earphones-there-is-no-sound/6cac5262-91ff-489e-8a83-648e5ec5a105
  10. Static noise when speaker/earphone is plugged in

Static noise when speaker/earphone is plugged in: Hello I have an asus k550v running on windows10 (updated). Also updated the sound drivers. I was able to use my speaker/earphone on this laptop and worked fine before. Until today, the speaker has this loud static sound. The same static sound is also there when i tried my...