Windows 10: I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app)

Discus and support I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] I feel like I've tried everything to uninstall Discord, but it just won't leave my "Apps& features" list. (Shown on the first picture) I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XerophAnima, May 6, 2019.

1. I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app)

I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app) [​IMG]

I feel like I've tried everything to uninstall Discord, but it just won't leave my "Apps& features" list. (Shown on the first picture) I'm using Windows 10 and I've deleted every folder using the "Run" method, (regedit) going into my Local data apps and such, and Discord is still there. I've also tried downloading a program (https://support.microsoft.) from Microsoft that help with repairing issues (including corrupted registry keys) then it asks to pick a program from the list and Discord does not appear, then it asks for a Product Key, which I do not have.

I've contacted the Discord support team about this issue, and they suggested at first, to reinstall the app and from there try to uninstall it. But it displays and error (Shown on the second picture).

Afterwards, Discord support suggested to check out the following link: https://www.auslogics.com/en/

I tried Method 5, at this point I give up, I need assistance please. I'd be willing to have remote assistance.

I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app) [​IMG]

:)

XerophAnima, May 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app) :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, May 6, 2019
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, May 6, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app)

Can't Unistall the Discord App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some programs can be uninstalled with their own built in uninstallers and Windows Add/remove programs feature as well. Both uninstallers can uninstall the main executable files of the program, but do not remove the other components (files and
    data) of the application.

Click on Start button (Windows logo) and, look for the application folder name in the list of apps.

Expand it and follow its uninstaller to remove the program.

You can also go to the folder where the application is installed and run the uninstaller.

Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\local\Discord\uninstall.

If it does not work, follow the instructions in the link below to remove the app.

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

To delete the application data, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.

Type %AppData% and hit the enter key.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Open the Run dialog box again and type %LocalAppData%.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 6, 2019
Thema:

I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app)

1. I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app) - Similar Threads - able Uninstall Discord

2. not able to install discord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to install discord: i was having problem on discord thus unistalled it and now downloaded it back. have been trying to install it but it shows error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-discord/d1045da2-a37c-4967-82bc-dd67825f249f
  3. not able to install discord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to install discord: i was having problem on discord thus unistalled it and now downloaded it back. have been trying to install it but it shows error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-discord/d1045da2-a37c-4967-82bc-dd67825f249f
  4. i am not able to download app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i am not able to download app.: why it always shows this ? although my device is connected to the microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-download-app/7b35e0ac-dc08-46a4-a149-9cc8715847ef
  5. i am not able to download app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not able to download app.: why it always shows this ? although my device is connected to the microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-download-app/7b35e0ac-dc08-46a4-a149-9cc8715847ef
  6. i am not able to download app.

7. I can't uninstall Discord

I can't uninstall Discord: Hello Microsoft, yesterday, I can't uninstall Discord, I tried using Control Panel, anything that you guys suggested, but it didn't work, and suddenly the app appeared with the old logo of Discord which is pretty weird, I thought I had uninstalled the app, weird right? I...
  8. I can't uninstall discord

I can't uninstall discord: I accidentally deleted discord's files without uninstalling it. I tried uninstalling it already and it wouldn't work because the files didn't exist anymore. I tried deleting it in app data but it didn't work because it said discord's files were open they weren't. I tried...
  9. Uninstall Discord?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Discord?: I have my laptop new since yesterday and today I installed discord which also works fine in the beginning now I closed it once and now I can't open it anymore and I can't uninstall it [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Discord deinstallieren?
  10. i am not able to uninstall bytefence

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am not able to uninstall bytefence: i am facig a very big issue...that an unwanted program from microsoft has been loaded to my pc. and because of this i am now getting virus in my pc. So, i wanted a coplete solution for this, Else i'll be claiming to microsoft. thanks muskan *** Email address is removed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to have both discord and skype installed

2. cant uninstall discord app windows 10

3. not able to uninstall discord