Windows 10: I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard

Discus and support I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard in Cortana to solve the problem; I have purchased Microsoft surface go. But not able to speak to cortana... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NarenDake, Jan 17, 2020.

1. NarenDake Win User

I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard

I have purchased Microsoft surface go. But not able to speak to cortana

:)

NarenDake, Jan 17, 2020

2. Have to click on Microphone every time I talk to Cortana

No, follow these steps and you'll be able to talk to Cortana by say "hey Cortana!"

step 1: Goto Settings

step 2: click on the "Cortana" Option

step 3: click the option that says, "Talk to Cortana" (this option is normally selected by default).

step 4: Under the "Hey Cortana" heading, switch on the option that says: Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana"

kevonporter, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jan 17, 2020
  4. I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard

1. I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard - Similar Threads - able microphone talk

2. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to use Cortana: um i tried to find some solution on youtube but when i go in cortana i cant speak it shows 'Your organization has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana's help by typing in the text box.' then in one video they said that i go in...
  3. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to use Cortana: um i tried to find some solution on youtube but when i go in cortana i cant speak it shows 'Your organization has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana's help by typing in the text box.' then in one video they said that i go in...
  4. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to type to Cortana instead of Talking, as I have no Microphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to type to Cortana instead of Talking, as I have no Microphone: How to type to Cortana, as I have no Microphone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-type-to-cortana-instead-of-talking-as-i/afc3e657-afe5-4ac9-8395-b7cce799b93c
  6. Not able to use Cortana.

in Cortana
    Not able to use Cortana.: I am a Windows user from India. I am having a issue with Cortana. Whenever I open it to use, it use to say that the cortana is not available in English [India]. This is annoying for me. Please anyone help me to get rid of this issue....
  7. Mic used in talking to Cortana

in Cortana
    Mic used in talking to Cortana: Does a Snowball mic work with Cortana in Windows 10, version 10.0.0.18362, build 18362? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-used-in-talking-to-cortana/555e79fa-16d2-4590-85eb-572b8f3af756"
  8. Keyboard use of cortana

in Cortana
    Keyboard use of cortana: I do not have a microphone attached to my computer and can no longer use Cortana. How do I get back to using Cortana with keyboard entry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-use-of-cortana/25583236-ca41-473f-9028-685e40a62f48"
  9. Talk to Cortana

in Cortana
    Talk to Cortana: Do I need an external microphone to talk to Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/talk-to-cortana/a8624b3f-ce90-4368-ae20-f861d3beafbb"
  10. My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...: See above … says it all Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-which-i-used-to-talk-to-cortana/3aec8755-a8db-42fa-a45b-08d6b06c39d3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to speak using windows installed microphone

2. hi cortana