Windows 10: I am not getting a code to my mobile number

Discus and support I am not getting a code to my mobile number in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I had to face a problem with my account. Yesterday evening after a windows update, My laptop was asking for the BitLocker recovery codes and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gihan Priyankara, Aug 11, 2022.

1. I am not getting a code to my mobile number

Hello,I had to face a problem with my account. Yesterday evening after a windows update, My laptop was asking for the BitLocker recovery codes and I was not able to access my device Which is a windows 11 laptop. I didn't know that updates cause such errors. After some research, I found out that those codes are available in the registered Microsoft account. So, Since my device was locked, I tried to log in to my account using another laptop with my password. At the end of that login process, it prompted me to enter the last four digits of the mobile number that I have associated with that acc

:)

gihan Priyankara, Aug 11, 2022

2. Error: "Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code" on Windows 10 mobile

If I get a phone call from an unknown number (i.e., not in my contact list) and I try to respond via text (e.g., "Sorry, busy right now."), I get a message that says, "Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short
    code." This was a great feature that worked with Windows 6 Mobile, and I can't believe it is still broken in Windows 10 Mobile. Presumably, it can't recognize 11 digit numbers (1-Area Code-XXX-XXXX), but it does work with calls from my contact list (Area
    Code-XXX-XXXX). I assumed that the Anniversary update would fix this problem, but it continues to cause frustration.

Original title: Text Reply for Incoming Calls

Joe Migliosi, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    How do i get secondary mobile numbers to show up for my contacts?

Hello Tremayne:

Thank you for the post. The issue is that the phone does not support "mobile 2". If you go directly to a contact on the phone and tap the + phone option, you will not be able to find mobile 2. This is why when mobile 2 is added from the website it will
    not appear in the contacts list.

I might suggest you add these secondary mobile numbers as pager or home fax, something that you do not use regularly for contacts. This should allow you to organize the numbers in a way that makes sense.

If you would ultimately like to see the option for a second mobile number added you can make that suggestion

here.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Aug 11, 2022
  4. BrianMBC Win User

I am not getting a code to my mobile number

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

I am not getting a code to my mobile number

1. I am not getting a code to my mobile number - Similar Threads - getting code mobile

2. I am not getting the varification Code?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not getting the varification Code?: As someone tried to access my account or tried to hack. So i changed the password and now it's asking for a new verification code and unfortunately, I am not getting the code my email. Its so annoying, I am not sure how people will ask for help if they don't have access....
  3. I am not getting the varification Code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not getting the varification Code?: As someone tried to access my account or tried to hack. So i changed the password and now it's asking for a new verification code and unfortunately, I am not getting the code my email. Its so annoying, I am not sure how people will ask for help if they don't have access....
  4. i am not getting my code to my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not getting my code to my email address: Hello,i am not receiving a code when i ask for one when signinng in. i ask the system to send me a code to my email address and i never receive it!Thank you...
  5. i am not getting my code to my email address

i am not getting my code to my email address: Hello,i am not receiving a code when i ask for one when signinng in. i ask the system to send me a code to my email address and i never receive it!Thank you...
  6. I want to restore my windows account password with my mobile number but I'm not getting a...

I want to restore my windows account password with my mobile number but I'm not getting a...: I have created Windows account, haven't used it at all, forgot password, want to restore it with my mobile number, after I enter the last 4 digits, nothing happens. I cannot restore it another way because I never used it and the questions asked by MS implies some historical...
  7. why can't i get the verification code on my mobile?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why can't i get the verification code on my mobile?: why can't i get the verification code on my mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-the-verification-code-on-my-mobile/11f868b4-8567-4d91-aea7-cf4a7f75bc2d
  8. I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account: Hi, i don't have access to my mail that i used for creating microsoft account. So i used mobile number instead, but it always shows "The phone number doesn't seem to be correct. Please check the country code and number." I have a number which starts with 6first digit and...
  9. why i am getting password reset code text from mobile no .but not from microsoft

why i am getting password reset code text from mobile no .but not from microsoft: i tried resetting my passwords because my passwords didnt work but i am concerned y i'm getting pasword reset code from the random national mobile numbers other than Microsoft label texts....
  10. I can not get access to my Windows mail, i am asked for a phone number to gain a code...

I can not get access to my Windows mail, i am asked for a phone number to gain a code...: I can not access my Windows mail, I am asked for a phone number, in order to get a code number, but it is not accepted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-get-access-to-my-windows-mail-i-am-asked/bba0f69b-3abb-44d4-abdb-024094ee57e6"