Windows 10: I am not Getting full screen TV view from laptop HDMI outpuy

Discus and support I am not Getting full screen TV view from laptop HDMI outpuy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not getting full screen view on my samsung tv after connecting my lap top through HDMI . i had tried adjusting it in the display option but was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kondalrao1, Sep 26, 2018.

1. I am not Getting full screen TV view from laptop HDMI outpuy

I am not getting full screen view on my samsung tv after connecting my lap top through HDMI . i had tried adjusting it in the display option but was unsuccessful

:)

kondalrao1, Sep 26, 2018

2. enabling viewing of computer content on tv using hdmi cable

yesterday I plugged the hdmi cable into the laptop and the tv and was able to watch a movie. Today I tried doing the same and all I got on the tv was HDMI3 in yellow at the top left hand corner of the black tv screen. There is no picture on the TV screen
    - it's just black. I purchased a new HDMI cable, plugged it in turned tv and laptop on same result - no picture on the TV just a black screen.

Any suggestions?

ChristobelSpafford, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Sep 26, 2018
  4. ThundaBG Win User

I am not Getting full screen TV view from laptop HDMI outpuy

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

I am not Getting full screen TV view from laptop HDMI outpuy

1. I am not Getting full screen TV view from laptop HDMI outpuy - Similar Threads - Getting full screen

2. When I plug tv into laptop via HDMI I get sound and vision on tv but laptop screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I plug tv into laptop via HDMI I get sound and vision on tv but laptop screen goes black: Every thing was perfect until oneday I had picture but no sound I fiddled with something cant remember what then I had picture and sound on tv but laptop screen was black...
  3. need help with HDMI from laptop to tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with HDMI from laptop to tv: since I got my laptop Gateway model: GWTN156-2BK back in 2020 I've been connecting it to my tv, for better audio and bigger screens unless playing a game that requires the keyboard...lol but recently i get this message: no signal insert hdmi # check if the source device is...
  4. need help with HDMI from laptop to tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with HDMI from laptop to tv: since I got my laptop Gateway model: GWTN156-2BK back in 2020 I've been connecting it to my tv, for better audio and bigger screens unless playing a game that requires the keyboard...lol but recently i get this message: no signal insert hdmi # check if the source device is...
  5. Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting sound on tv using HDMI from laptop Windows 10: In hooking up a flat panel tv to my laptop, I only have sound on my laptop. I've tried doing the "device search" through the Control Panel, but it didn't find the tv. Any ideas???...
  6. Laptop freezes when switching from screen to TV (HDMI)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop freezes when switching from screen to TV (HDMI): Hello, I have a Fujitsu Stylistic 702Q laptop connected to the TV with HDMI cable. To avoid distraction when watching a movie, I have set the dual display to Secondary only. So when I connect the laptop to the TV the laptop screen turns off and I watch on the TV. When I...
  7. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  8. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Support
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  9. hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen

hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen: I was using hdmi cable to connect laptop screen to a tv screen. It was working well for a couple of days and 1 day it suddenly stopped. i tried to removing and reconnecting and it is still not working. Can any one please help....
  10. Viewing laptop screen on tv wirelessly

Viewing laptop screen on tv wirelessly: I have wireless connect for my laptop. Running Windows 10 and 365. no problem seeing utube on tv from laptop. My desktop is connected to tv. How can I stream on laptop and be able to have it show on my Samsung tv....tried asking tech support for HP(my laptop) no help.......