Windows 10: I am not getting sound when I play music

Discus and support I am not getting sound when I play music in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; USB\VID_413C&PID_A507&REV_0024&MI_00 USB\VID_413C&PID_A507&MI_00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertGoodwin2, Apr 6, 2019.

1. I am not getting sound when I play music

USB\VID_413C&PID_A507&REV_0024&MI_00
    USB\VID_413C&PID_A507&MI_00

:)

RobertGoodwin2, Apr 6, 2019

2. Sound and Music

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the name of the game that you are trying to play?
    2. Do you want to mute the sound of the game while trying to play the music and only want to hear the music and not the game sound?

Please reply us back with the required information.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 6, 2019
  3. JimR123 Win User
    Bluetooth single-ear headset for playing music and other sounds?

Hi,

I have a Jabra BT250v bluetooth headset and a Toshiba Portege G900 (running Windows Mobile 6).

I want to be able to play music and other sounds (such as satnav instructions) through my Jabra headset, but am having no luck as far.

It seems that the problem is that when I get a list of bluetooth services for the Jabra, it only lists "hands free" and not anything like "headset". Maybe I'm wrong that this is the problem.

Can somebody please suggest a single-ear headset that definitely plays music and such from a Windows Mobile 6 device?

Many thanks,

Jim

JimR123, Apr 6, 2019
  4. I am not getting sound when I play music

No sound, won't play music, "Failed to play test tone" - Windows 10 made the music die

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue with sound and also you get an error
    "Failed to play test tone" while playing music. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to know the detail below to assist you better with the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    Let’s try performing the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1.

Run the Audio troubleshooters.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press start button.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.
    • Now click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Run the Play audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Also refer the below article and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article holds good to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Sudheendra S, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

I am not getting sound when I play music

1. I am not getting sound when I play music - Similar Threads - getting sound play

2. I have a Dell S2721NX monitor and I am trying to listen to music but I get no sound. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Dell S2721NX monitor and I am trying to listen to music but I get no sound. Is...: Does this monitor have a microphone and speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-dell-s2721nx-monitor-and-i-am-trying-to/bd35b394-2fc3-47f1-803b-6af371ec088f
  3. I have a Dell S2721NX monitor and I am trying to listen to music but I get no sound. Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Dell S2721NX monitor and I am trying to listen to music but I get no sound. Is...: Does this monitor have a microphone and speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-dell-s2721nx-monitor-and-i-am-trying-to/bd35b394-2fc3-47f1-803b-6af371ec088f
  4. I have a Dell S2721NX monitor and I am trying to listen to music but I get no sound. Is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Crackling sound when playing music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling sound when playing music: I heard crackling sound when playing music on Chrome, Edge browser, even I plugged in headphone I still heard that sound. Except playing music on local disk, I didn't hear that. By the same time, my laptop has worked slower than before since the issue appeared. I tried...
  6. Random Buzzing Sound when I am typing on keyboard and music is playing in the background

Random Buzzing Sound when I am typing on keyboard and music is playing in the background: Hii I have been facing a problem that when I am playing any sound in the background and type on the keyboard, random buzzing error sound occurs and I can fix it. My laptop is HP Envy 17 with the latest audio driver for Realtek HD audio. I tried updating the driver it up to...
  7. Ingame sound gets quieter when I play?

Ingame sound gets quieter when I play?: Howdy, since today my sound becomes quieter (ingame) and ihc doesn't know why. I have already switched off the checkbox "do not do" when detecting communication. Still does not work... Ingame sound wird leiser wenn ich spiele?
  8. I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I suddenly have no sound to play music videos: My sound has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suddenly-have-no-sound-to-play-music-videos/a569aae2-097c-4203-b5d0-dbe8fff9dbd5
  9. I am not getting any sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not getting any sound: I am not getting any sound on my laptop and can't figure out why. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-getting-any-sound/973bd9b8-7b19-4594-94f1-878f2a9a0b37
  10. Shacking screen when I play music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shacking screen when I play music: My laptop screen is shacking up more when I play music and video, and make it hang sometime until I shut down. Now, my laptop screen has been shacking all the time. I couldn't find to solve this problem, please help me out. Thanks...