Windows 10: I am not receiving any invites from friends when they want me to join their game. However,...

Discus and support I am not receiving any invites from friends when they want me to join their game. However,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. I've been trying to join my cousin's world on minecraft. But when my cousin is sending me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LunaVP, Jun 4, 2020.

1. LunaVP Win User

I am not receiving any invites from friends when they want me to join their game. However,...

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. I've been trying to join my cousin's world on minecraft. But when my cousin is sending me invites, I don't get them on the xbox game app or xbox game bar and I don't get them in minecraft either. I can send invites which my cousin recieves and joins me. I've checked all of my settings over and over and done as much research as I can and this seems to be an issue with a lot of people. It's not about the compatibility or versions of minecraft because surely then my cousin wouldn't be able to join my minecraft world. I just paid for the windows 10 version of minecraft and I knew mutliplayer was on there. I just don't understand how all my settings are on, my notification settings are on yet I can't get invites to their world? Another thing that happens on the xbox game app, console companion and the game bar is that I can't join my cousin's game through their profile. There aren't any loopholes around it. I was wondering if it's my cousin's settings which I will check tomorrow although she says all her notifications are on too. So I really don't know if I need to be in a party to join them, I have no idea if this is an issue with windows 10 or microsoft in general but I could really use some help in figuring this out.

:)

LunaVP, Jun 4, 2020

2. Invitation to join family not received

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration, when the thing won’t work the way we want. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.

Before we start troubleshooting the issue, we would require more information to assist you better.

• Does the two Email account receives other Emails?

• Have you checked for the invitation Email in ever folder?

First, let us check if you have enter the correct Email address. If the Email address is correct, I suggest you to login to the child’s Email account on another browser and check.

Also, I suggest you to send an invitation to another Email account and check if they are able to receive your invitation.

Hope it helps. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Friend does NOT recive game invite (PC) (GoW4)

Hi Will,

We appreciate that you were able to perform some steps to resolve the issue. If you are experiencing issues with party chats on Windows 10, it can be caused by several reasons. It can be an issue with the profile and network settings on your end or the one
    who sends you an invite. Both of your settings should meet the requirements to join party chats on Xbox live.

We have solutions below that can help you resolve the issue. These troubleshooting steps should be done on your computer and your friend's computer. Before we start, please make sure to check your NAT Type first.

• Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    • Select Settings > Network.
    • Under Network status, check the NAT type.

Once you got the result, please refer to this
    link
    and perform the suggested solutions on your computer and your friend's computer. Follow the steps in order to get more accurate results.

We also recommend that you check your privacy and online safety settings on Xbox.com to ensure that your profiles are allowed to join multiplayer games and parties.

We will appreciate if you can update us the results so if these solutions won't work, we will find another way to resolve your concern.

Loraine Mon, Jun 4, 2020
  4. WillSoSik Win User

I am not receiving any invites from friends when they want me to join their game. However,...

Friend does NOT recive game invite (PC) (GoW4)

both his and mine are OPEN (NAT) . Its We can actually join party chats, and play (if HE sends the invite)

however since on GOW4 if you host (and own maps) your friend can join in.

Since he is hosting and does not own the maps, we cant play them. that's the issue.

the thing is that WINDOWS is not pushing a notification (the GAME invite)

thanks for the reply.

WillSoSik, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. I am not receiving any invites from friends when they want me to join their game. However,... - Similar Threads - receiving invites friends

2. Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.: the game works perfectly but when a friend invites me via Microsoft the game starts to lag badly because of the ping. but when playing with random players and when I am the one to open a lobby everything works fine. when I invite him he has lags and when he invites me I have...
  3. Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.: the game works perfectly but when a friend invites me via Microsoft the game starts to lag badly because of the ping. but when playing with random players and when I am the one to open a lobby everything works fine. when I invite him he has lags and when he invites me I have...
  4. Spiderheck game high ping when joining friend.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Xbox Game bar crashes on 'Join Game' or when accepting game invites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar crashes on 'Join Game' or when accepting game invites: I've had this issue for a couple of weeks where my Xbox Game bar crashes every time I accept a game invite, or try to click 'Join Game'. Honestly, I'm not even sure 'crashing' is the right word, because I do not get an error message, I just get the blue wheel spinning for a...
  6. Xbox Game bar crashes on 'Join Game' or when accepting game invites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game bar crashes on 'Join Game' or when accepting game invites: I've had this issue for a couple of weeks where my Xbox Game bar crashes every time I accept a game invite, or try to click 'Join Game'. Honestly, I'm not even sure 'crashing' is the right word, because I do not get an error message, I just get the blue wheel spinning for a...
  7. Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop random friends from joining my friend's party when I join: So I use the Windows 10 game bar for xbox. I've been trying to play with multiple friend groups but to avoid drama I'd like to make it so people on my friends list can't join me when I join someone else's party by clicking on me and selecting join party. I'm aware there's a...
  8. Can't be joined by friends in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't be joined by friends in games: I am having a rather annoying issue. It seems that for some reason I am able to join friends in their games, but people can't join me in my games except for my roommate! For instance; I am able to join a friend in Dark Souls 3, but she can not join me. Besides that,...
  9. Not getting game invites on PC from Xbox one friends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting game invites on PC from Xbox one friends: Currently iv been playing games on my PC that are in the xbox play anywhere category (ex. Sea of Thieves). I have friends that play on the xbox and when they try to invite me to their games I don't get any notifications or anything to join them and whatnot. Is there anything...
  10. Can't join xbox friends games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join xbox friends games.: I cant join my friends worlds through xbox, it says "Unable to connect world" What should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-xbox-friends-games/fffe92ef-85b1-4678-b932-00c468c81a54