Windows 10: I am on my Sony laptop, because The Gateway laptop has a bug in it

Discus and support I am on my Sony laptop, because The Gateway laptop has a bug in it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is on a Gateway laptop NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. I was in the middle of del a game that wasn't working right. The last few files that I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by reble, Jul 26, 2020.

1. reble Win User

I am on my Sony laptop, because The Gateway laptop has a bug in it

This is on a Gateway laptop NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit.
    I was in the middle of del a game that wasn't working right. The last few files that I was del, I was getting an error message saying that the files where open. I went into the Task Manager to find them and shut them down. I never got that far. In the processes tab I found a program bouncing around called "checkpoint sandblast agent threat emulation". I never ordered this or download it. I killed the wi-fi connection on the Gateway. That has slowed down checkpoint sandblast agent threat emulation some. But checkpoint sandblast agent threat emulation has not stopped bouncing around completely. I looked in control panel > programs and features and checkpoint sandblast agent threat emulation is not there to be uninstalled. I don't know how to get ride of it. BTW this is 1 of the reasons that I keep a spare laptop around.

:)

reble, Jul 26, 2020
  2. reble Win User

I am on my Sony laptop because The Gateway laptop is acting up

Megahertz. What I was saying is I got Win 10 Home online and it arrived in a USB flash drive instead of a DVD. This Gateway laptop has an optical drive that can read and burn both CD's and DVD's. I just never felt the need until now to burn a Win 10 home trouble shoot/recovery DVD. And I found the key that enables/disables the integrated touchpad. It is Fn + F6. The integrated touchpad is working again. I was messing with Fn + wi-fi power off (Fn + F3) to try and kill the Win update in progress. The Fn wi-fi turn off still don't work, the wi-fi won't turn off that way. Anyways I was testing the other Fn keys to see if they work and hit Fn + F6.. On my Sony laptop model PCG-7142L, I don't see a key to kill the the integrated touchpad.

PS: Wait a minute. I see something on one of the keys that looks like a touchpad. But I can't test it. The Sony's internal keyboard is totally and completely dead. I use a wireless keyboard/mouse on the Sony until I can find a replacement keyboard.

reble, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Megahertz Win User

Good to know that part of the problem is solved

My Sony Vaio laptop, (and most laptops) does have a alt+F? key to disable the integrated touchpad. See if yours is enabled.
    I didn't understand what you mean with " 1st Win 10 Home is on a USB flash drive, not a DVD. The Gateway has a read/write DVD optical drive. "
    Anyway, you should have a Win 10 installation drive (USB or DVD). Sometimes you need to make a repair that is only possible with an installation drive.

Megahertz, Jul 26, 2020
  4. reble Win User

A side note. Is there any way to stop the RF noise from been generated by the Gateway laptop? My s/w receiver is picking up the RF noise. I have to keep the Gateway powered down and the power pack unplugged from the power strip.

reble, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I am on my Sony laptop, because The Gateway laptop has a bug in it - Similar Threads - Sony laptop Gateway

2. My gateway laptop wont turn on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My gateway laptop wont turn on.: Yesterday I cleaned my laptop and loaded up a game, after it shut it's self down but I turned it back on and it did it again. I left it alone and on the charger, but yet it still won't turn on it will light up the power light but once the black screen lights up off it goes....
  3. My gateway laptop has a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gateway laptop has a black screen.: My gateway laptop does not power on with just the battery in but powers on when the charger is connected, but the display is black and it shuts off again after a few seconds. I've tried taking out the battery and just powering on with the charger, disconnecting and...
  4. My gateway laptop has a black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gateway laptop has a black screen.: My gateway laptop does not power on with just the battery in but powers on when the charger is connected, but the display is black and it shuts off again after a few seconds. I've tried taking out the battery and just powering on with the charger, disconnecting and...
  5. My gateway laptop has a black screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. I am facing some issues with my laptop. Because of this i want to reset my laptop but i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing some issues with my laptop. Because of this i want to reset my laptop but i...: I am facing some issues with my laptop. Because of this i want to reset my laptop but i have fear to loose windows lisence key . Can you help me...
  7. I am facing some issues with my laptop. Because of this i want to reset my laptop but i...

I am facing some issues with my laptop. Because of this i want to reset my laptop but i...: I am facing some issues with my laptop. Because of this i want to reset my laptop but i have fear to loose windows lisence key . Can you help me...
  8. Windows gateway laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows gateway laptop: Hii hello!! Can anyone, someone PLEASE help me?! My microphone is like gone or missing, it’s still installed but it can’t hear me at all.. It says my microphone is the default microphone but it will not work on zoom or for my college lockdown browser when recording. I’ve...
  9. Windows gateway laptop

Windows gateway laptop: Hii hello!! Can anyone, someone PLEASE help me?! My microphone is like gone or missing, it’s still installed but it can’t hear me at all.. It says my microphone is the default microphone but it will not work on zoom or for my college lockdown browser when recording. I’ve...
  10. I am on my Sony laptop because The Gateway laptop is acting up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am on my Sony laptop because The Gateway laptop is acting up: The problem is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. I just turned on and booted up the Gateway and I can get to the Win desktop. The Gateway was working 100% fine last night when I did a normal Windows shut down. Now the wireless mouse and the...