Windows 10: I am on PC, can hear my Xbox friends, but they cannot hear me.

Discus and support I am on PC, can hear my Xbox friends, but they cannot hear me. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got the Windows 10 ver of minecraft so I can play with my friends on xbox. When I join their party, I can hear them, but they cannot hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EmmaleaLindstrom, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I am on PC, can hear my Xbox friends, but they cannot hear me.

I recently got the Windows 10 ver of minecraft so I can play with my friends on xbox. When I join their party, I can hear them, but they cannot hear me. I have looked at every setting and they can still never hear me. I even tried a different microphone to see if my mic was just broken, but neither worked. It does not say I am muted, and they don't have me muted. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

EmmaleaLindstrom, Apr 19, 2020

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Team Xbox wants to hear how you would like to use Windows 10 Game Bar Xbox

Source: https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/foru...33-pc-game-bar

Brink, Apr 19, 2020
  4. I am on PC, can hear my Xbox friends, but they cannot hear me.

Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

I am on PC, can hear my Xbox friends, but they cannot hear me.

1. I am on PC, can hear my Xbox friends, but they cannot hear me. - Similar Threads - hear Xbox friends

2. I cannot hear any on my friends on the Xbox app or discord on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot hear any on my friends on the Xbox app or discord on my PC.: I can’t hear anyone on the Xbox app or discord on my PC with windows 11. They can hear me, and it shows everyone’s mics picking up, but I can’t hear them. I can hear sound effects and everything else, and I could even have a conversation with people in game chat on games that...
  3. I cannot hear any on my friends on the Xbox app or discord on my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot hear any on my friends on the Xbox app or discord on my PC.: I can’t hear anyone on the Xbox app or discord on my PC with windows 11. They can hear me, and it shows everyone’s mics picking up, but I can’t hear them. I can hear sound effects and everything else, and I could even have a conversation with people in game chat on games that...
  4. Problem with hearing my friends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with hearing my friends: I have a problem, when i star screen recording, you simply cant hear my friends. I mean during the recording you can, but on the record you cant and its like this with all the mics....
  5. Problem with hearing my friends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with hearing my friends: I have a problem, when i star screen recording, you simply cant hear my friends. I mean during the recording you can, but on the record you cant and its like this with all the mics....
  6. I can't hear my friend on the Xbox app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't hear my friend on the Xbox app: So I was going to use the Xbox app so me and my friend could talk to each other in a party but I can't hear him and he can hear me. I can even see the the white border around his pfp indicating he's speaking. Is there a fix to this issue? submitted by /u/4thaccountonreddit...
  7. My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.: I was playing Dead by Daylight when this happened. After I sent a bad message, I got suspended from sending messages. Now I can hear my friends but they can’t hear me. I need help with this please....
  8. Why Cortana cannot hear me properly and cannot hear me?

in Cortana
    Why Cortana cannot hear me properly and cannot hear me?: I asked Cortana to tell the time and other things but Cortana is mishearing or cannot hear me. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-cannot-hear-me-properly-and-cannot/3b7ed31c-87cf-4cdd-9ef2-c927634cd6ff
  9. I cant hear anybody but they can hear me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant hear anybody but they can hear me: so i tried setting my default device and communications device and stuff, on discord tried using legacy audio system, all of the inputs and outputs are correct, they can hear me, but i cant hear anybody, i can still hear YouTube and stuff tho, i don't remember messing around...
  10. i can hear skype caller but they cannot hear me. win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can hear skype caller but they cannot hear me. win 10: please help per subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-can-hear-skype-caller-but-they-cannot-hear-me/0f8eabb1-4a32-4e35-9916-e31c608f0efc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox party cant hear me

2. why can my friends not hear me on windows 10 on Xbox gamebar