Windows 10: I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin

Discus and support I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am working on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 the issue is the user is unable to open the action center. The curious part is the action center will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chessie Dumas, May 23, 2022.

1. I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin

I am working on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 the issue is the user is unable to open the action center. The curious part is the action center will open when you are logged in as the Administrator. Even if you log in with another user profile other then the admin profile Windows will not allow you to open the action center. There are no error message - you click on the action center icon it appears as if it is going o open but nothing happens. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?

:)

Chessie Dumas, May 23, 2022

2. Action Center Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you able to open the mail messages by going in the Action center location?

I suggest you to run the System File Checker utility and check if it helps:

SFC/Scannow checks your Windows installation for errors and corrects them. This will help with ensuring that a smooth upgrade occurs.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel (Admin).

• At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 23, 2022
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, May 23, 2022
  4. Kol12 Win User

I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin

Action Center bugs?

I have a clean install of Win 10 1809 about 3 weeks old and already the Action Center is playing up. I have Youtube subscriptions that are sent to my Action Center and most of time the links are not opening, I click it and it just disappears from the Action Center list without opening the Youtube link. Could this be an issue with Chrome/Youtube and the Action Center or the Action Center itself?

Another issue when I open Action Center is that it very briefly opens from the left side of the screen before opening correctly on the right side. This is happening a lot more intermittently but appears buggy when it occurs. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? If I recall links were not opening from Action Center in Win 10 1803 either...

Kol12, May 23, 2022
Thema:

I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin

1. I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin - Similar Threads - able open action

2. I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin: I am working on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 the issue is the user is unable to open the action center. The curious part is the action center will open when you are logged in as the Administrator. Even if you log in with another user profile other then the admin profile...
  3. I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am only able to open the action center while signed in as the admin: I am working on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 the issue is the user is unable to open the action center. The curious part is the action center will open when you are logged in as the Administrator. Even if you log in with another user profile other then the admin profile...
  4. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  5. Not able to access action center.

Not able to access action center.: HI, I AM MOHAN. I AM USING THE LATEST VERSION OF WINDOWSVERSION 2004 MY ACTION CENTER IS NOT WORKING AND IF I PRESS THE ICON IT STANDS FOR 3 SECONDS AND THEN VANISHES OFF. [ATTACH] THIS IS HOW IT APPEARS. PLEASE SUGGEST A WAY TO REPAIR IT. THANK YOU....
  6. Action Center Won't Open

Action Center Won't Open: Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster...
  7. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  8. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  9. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...