Windows 10: I am perplexed why Build 1511 is considered up to date in my context.

Discus and support I am perplexed why Build 1511 is considered up to date in my context. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On one of my backup computers, I installed Win 10 Pro during the period for free upgrading ((I still have Win 7 on my other computers). Today, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rahasyavadi, Jun 10, 2017.

1. I am perplexed why Build 1511 is considered up to date in my context.

On one of my backup computers, I installed Win 10 Pro during the period for free upgrading ((I still have Win 7 on my other computers).

Today, I figured I would see how far it would update (the last time I had it do updating was on August 10 last year).

It added stuff today, taking me to "Version (OS Build 10586.9.16)" and telling me that the computer is up to date.

I understand that my build, 1511, is up to date, but I am perplexed why it was not at least upgraded to the Anniversary Update, Version 1607, almost a year old. I see no evidence that advancement of the build was even tried yet. Should I try again tomorrow?

:)

rahasyavadi, Jun 10, 2017

2. .cert files are created in TEMP folder

Forgot to mention.. I am using Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) version 1511 (build 10586.71) and my Windows is up to date.

Subhadeep Kanungo, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Anniversary Edition: Where Is It?

After all these months, with Windows 10 saying my system is up to date, why am I still on 1511?

EddieJoseph, Jun 10, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User
    If that`s what you want, Why aren`t you doing a clean install of the AU ?

AddRAM, Jun 10, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    You can do the upgrade manually. That's my preference anyway, as it's under my control.

Before you do, such an upgrade being a risk, do create a disk image of your presently working system (E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for the images). A few people have major problems after a big upgrade, and that's two builds in your case.

The Tutorial section can guide you on getting an iso and the upgrade
    - just search the Tutorial index for those terms.

When you upgrade, disconnect all unnecessary peripherals, and best to uninstall any AV.

As to why your PC has not been offered an upgrade- MS maintains priority lists for delivering upgrades. Perhaps your system has somehow fallen through a crack in the system?

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I am perplexed why Build 1511 is considered up to date in my context.

1. I am perplexed why Build 1511 is considered up to date in my context. - Similar Threads - perplexed why Build

2. Why are my built in speakers considered not conected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my built in speakers considered not conected: My speakers won't work and when I started to investigate why they weren't working. I went to the device manager and found what I previously knew as my built-in speakers. When I double-clicked on the audio device it said "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  3. Why am I no longer considered an Administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I no longer considered an Administrator?: Ever since downloading and installing Windows 11 clearly a huge mistake, I'm no longer considered Administrator of my laptop, even though I live alone and am the only one who uses it. I try very basic things, such as saving files to my desktop, and my computer says I'm not...
  4. Why am I no longer considered an Administrator?

Why am I no longer considered an Administrator?: Ever since downloading and installing Windows 11 clearly a huge mistake, I'm no longer considered Administrator of my laptop, even though I live alone and am the only one who uses it. I try very basic things, such as saving files to my desktop, and my computer says I'm not...
  5. Why My Emoji Isn't Up-to-date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why My Emoji Isn't Up-to-date?: My emoji when upgraded to Windows 11 are isn't up-to-date to be Windows 11 emoji, it still be an old one. Someone please answer me please I like to see the beautiful emoji. My emoji are still old one.My emoji:It's an old one.What I want to see:At least Windows 11 emoji,...
  6. Why My Emoji Isn't Up-to-date?

Why My Emoji Isn't Up-to-date?: My emoji when upgraded to Windows 11 are isn't up-to-date to be Windows 11 emoji, it still be an old one. Someone please answer me please I like to see the beautiful emoji. My emoji are still old one.My emoji:It's an old one.What I want to see:At least Windows 11 emoji,...
  7. Why was I not up to date ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why was I not up to date ?: I'm running windows 10 home and I had no need to update notifications. However, I just tried to install docker and I was made aware i needed to force an update from may. I was just wondering why the update didn't go through. submitted by /u/Toopad [link] [comments]...
  8. I am considering to set up my PC anew?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am considering to set up my PC anew?: Hello, as I said above, I want to reset my PC, but not normally because it hangs when I log in since there was a power outage. So I hold the start button down so it goes off and start it up and then I get the message Windows could not load properly as desired so I want to...
  9. Peculiar and perplexing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Peculiar and perplexing: On initial start,Device manager shows the display adapter has been stopped,error code 43.When restart selected,the operation is normal and the display adapter,nvidea GeForce gt610,works without a problem, This situation happens every time,without fail. Fast startup and the...
  10. Perplexed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Perplexed: Been awhile since I had to ask for advice but having some trouble here and this IS the best place for advice so....... While reading another thread, I thought well I'll just have a look at my Task manager. I did and was very surprised to see my CPU was going full blast,...