Windows 10: I am receiving emails about my Microsoft account at an address which I've already removed...

Discus and support I am receiving emails about my Microsoft account at an address which I've already removed... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi all, For some reason, an email that I've removed from my account still receives emails about purchases and whatnot. This email appears nowhere in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by StayFrosty288, Jul 5, 2020.

1. I am receiving emails about my Microsoft account at an address which I've already removed...

Hi all,

For some reason, an email that I've removed from my account still receives emails about purchases and whatnot. This email appears nowhere in my account, it's not listed under my aliases at all. Somehow it's still linked to my account and I have no way of getting rid of it. I have had this problem for a long time now and every attempt I've made to solve it with Microsoft support ends with no one ever getting back to me. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction as to what I should do.

Thank you!

:)

StayFrosty288, Jul 5, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Artificer Win User
    How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and on my profile page I can see, 'Manage how you sign in to Microsoft'. When I click on that I am being directed to receiving a code via a text message to my mobile. Is this normal?

- - - Updated - - -

See the image for my email & accounts. Emails have been partially blanked out. The first Email Address was the only one before I changed my ISP. As it was tied to my ISP it is no longer available. I can only 'Manage' this address not 'Remove'. The second Email Address was created by me (believe I used add family member) and is directly associated with my current ISP. For this Email Address I have the option to both 'Manage' and 'Remove'.

Now for something else that I have not mentioned before. I have been plagued this year with Microsoft messages bout a problem which requires me to obtain a code and which will then enable me to change my password. Because of this I save all of my files from OneDrive and when through the process of deleting the Microsoft Account. I do not use Windows Mail, XBox and other services afforded by having an account. You are given 60 days to logged back in to that account and reverse your decision. I have about 28 days left. My hope was that when the account gets closed, my other Email Address will the primary one (the only one). I hope I am not missing a trick or two.

Artificer, Jul 5, 2020
  4. MT Alex Win User

I am receiving emails about my Microsoft account at an address which I've already removed...

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! I am receiving emails about my Microsoft account at an address which I've already removed... :eek:

MT Alex, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

I am receiving emails about my Microsoft account at an address which I've already removed...

1. I am receiving emails about my Microsoft account at an address which I've already removed... - Similar Threads - receiving emails Microsoft

2. I am not able to send mail on to but receiving the same *** Email address is removed for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to send mail on to but receiving the same *** Email address is removed for...: I am not able to send mail on to but receiving the same Kingsland Oil & Gas *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System DNS reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.regardsmanvendra9058477449...
  3. I am not able to send mail on to but receiving the same *** Email address is removed for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to send mail on to but receiving the same *** Email address is removed for...: I am not able to send mail on to but receiving the same Kingsland Oil & Gas *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System DNS reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.regardsmanvendra9058477449...
  4. I am not able to send mail on to but receiving the same *** Email address is removed for...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I am receiving multiple emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am receiving multiple emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but to my...: I am receiving multiple emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but these come to my gmail email account, are these real login attempts?* Moved from Community Center...
  6. I am receiving multiple emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but to my...

I am receiving multiple emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but to my...: I am receiving multiple emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but these come to my gmail email account, are these real login attempts?* Moved from Community Center...
  7. I am not receiving my bitlocker recovery key via my microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not receiving my bitlocker recovery key via my microsoft account email address: I am having issues starting my laptop, I need to perform a bitlocker recovery. However, I am not receiving my bitlocker recovery key via my microsoft account. I went to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey and was able to verify my email address. I did this 24...
  8. I am not receiving my bitlocker recovery key via my microsoft account email address

I am not receiving my bitlocker recovery key via my microsoft account email address: I am having issues starting my laptop, I need to perform a bitlocker recovery. However, I am not receiving my bitlocker recovery key via my microsoft account. I went to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey and was able to verify my email address. I did this 24...
  9. I cannot receive emails on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot receive emails on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: I cannot receive emails on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-receive-emails-on/0f0ecc63-e844-4f1d-bbfe-615785d08fdb
  10. But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...: Please Unblock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-i-cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-my-email/281f79fd-062a-4e5a-a4e2-88b30924bac4"