Windows 10: I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone.

Discus and support I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to get the download and upload speed as per the plan that I have selected in my laptop. See the speed test results in 1 Laptop & 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kandarp_7, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Kandarp_7 Win User

I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone.

I am unable to get the download and upload speed as per the plan that I have selected in my laptop. See the speed test results in 1 Laptop & 2 Smartphone.

1 Laptop:

I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone. 96e60249-73a0-4d3b-9bcb-8f45c38969ac?upload=true.png

2 Smartphone:

I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone. 156cd96e-bf91-4515-8fa1-c1393e26bc9c?upload=true.jpg

Please suggest ways for improving internet speed in my laptop.

:)

Kandarp_7, Sep 17, 2020

2. Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop

Good day,

Laptop with windows 10 is downloading to less of half the speed expected. Other device do pass download test with the correct speed.

So far I've:

• Checked for virus and malware nothing found.
    • Have set delivery optimization values to the bare minimum.
    • Checked for network activity, nothing.
    • Have stopped BITS, Update Orchestrator and Windows Update service
    None of those have worked so far.

Omar Pérez, Sep 17, 2020
  3. shobhitk Win User
    Full Link Speed but Half download speeds!

I have a peculiar issue with wifi on Windows 10. My computer shows a wifi link speed of 270 Mbps and i have tested the same by sending huge files over my network. Now the issue is that i strongly believe that something in Windows 10 is throttling the internet speeds drastically. I am only getting half of the subscribed download speeds on my Windows 10. I have other devices/phones connected to the same wireless network and they are getting full speeds!

I have tried several things but i am unable to achieve full download speeds on my Windows 10. This has been affecting me for the past around 15 days. Prior to that things used to be normal.

Any clue guys? Because if nothing works then i may have to downgrade to Windows 7 *Sad

Thanks

shobhitk, Sep 17, 2020
  4. calvooo Win User

I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone.

qBittorrent downloading only at half speed!?

I did another test with my girlfriends laptop. And I was.. wft is going on.

Test:
    - oakla speed test, max speed 4-5 MB/s
    - downloading ubuntu with browser, 4-5 MB/s
    - downloading ubuntu with qbittorrent, 4-5 MB/s without problem all the time.

Yes, I am pretty sure problem is in my desktop pc (I doubt) or lan port on router.

Any suggestions?

calvooo, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone. - Similar Threads - receiving nearly half

2. I am not receiving the code by email or phone to reset my pwd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not receiving the code by email or phone to reset my pwd: I am not receiving the code by email or phone to reset my pwd. I tried different ways and nothing happened to receive the code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-receiving-the-code-by-email-or-phone-to/d28ecc23-e556-4cde-8305-ce657d951332
  3. I am not receiving the code by email or phone to reset my pwd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not receiving the code by email or phone to reset my pwd: I am not receiving the code by email or phone to reset my pwd. I tried different ways and nothing happened to receive the code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-receiving-the-code-by-email-or-phone-to/d28ecc23-e556-4cde-8305-ce657d951332
  4. I am not getting the Wifi password to cast my phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not getting the Wifi password to cast my phone to laptop: I am not getting the Wifi password to cast my phone to laptop. I tried mirror casting my phone screen to my laptop but on the phone I am asked of the laptop Wifi password which my laptop is not on password and I do not know where to get the password from. The connect app does...
  5. I am not getting the Wifi password to cast my phone to laptop

I am not getting the Wifi password to cast my phone to laptop: I am not getting the Wifi password to cast my phone to laptop. I tried mirror casting my phone screen to my laptop but on the phone I am asked of the laptop Wifi password which my laptop is not on password and I do not know where to get the password from. The connect app does...
  6. I am having issues with internet download speed on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having issues with internet download speed on my laptop.: The download speed will reach its peak and then drop down to zero and pickup again a few seconds later and this will keep repeating. There's no issue with the wifi router/modem as other deveices connected dont have the same problem. Are there any solutions to this ? Its an HP...
  7. I am having issues with internet download speed on my laptop.

I am having issues with internet download speed on my laptop.: The download speed will reach its peak and then drop down to zero and pickup again a few seconds later and this will keep repeating. There's no issue with the wifi router/modem as other deveices connected dont have the same problem. Are there any solutions to this ? Its an HP...
  8. I am not receiving emails or send emails off my ipad and phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not receiving emails or send emails off my ipad and phone: I have reset my password and still can't send or receive any emailsThanks Bel * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-receiving-emails-or-send-emails-off-my/b43fe440-31c7-4134-84a1-530aeb8d84dc
  9. I am not receiving emails or send emails off my ipad and phone

I am not receiving emails or send emails off my ipad and phone: I have reset my password and still can't send or receive any emailsThanks Bel * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-receiving-emails-or-send-emails-off-my/b43fe440-31c7-4134-84a1-530aeb8d84dc
  10. I am getting multiple BSOD's on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am getting multiple BSOD's on my laptop: Hello Everyone, I have a dell G5 15 5590 , i7 9750Hundervolted and rtx 2060. I am getting multiple BSOD's from yesterday on my laptop. These were the BSODs - Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎4/‎16/‎2021 4:54 PM Status Report sent Problem...