Windows 10: I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone.

Discus and support I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to get the download and upload speed as per the plan that I have selected in my laptop. See the speed test results in 1 Laptop & 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kandarp_7, Sep 17, 2020 at 2:47 AM.

1. Kandarp_7 Win User

I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone.

I am unable to get the download and upload speed as per the plan that I have selected in my laptop. See the speed test results in 1 Laptop & 2 Smartphone.

1 Laptop:

I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone. 96e60249-73a0-4d3b-9bcb-8f45c38969ac?upload=true.png

2 Smartphone:

I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone. 156cd96e-bf91-4515-8fa1-c1393e26bc9c?upload=true.jpg

Please suggest ways for improving internet speed in my laptop.

:)

2. Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop

Good day,

Laptop with windows 10 is downloading to less of half the speed expected. Other device do pass download test with the correct speed.

So far I've:

• Checked for virus and malware nothing found.
    • Have set delivery optimization values to the bare minimum.
    • Checked for network activity, nothing.
    • Have stopped BITS, Update Orchestrator and Windows Update service
    None of those have worked so far.

3. shobhitk Win User
    Full Link Speed but Half download speeds!

I have a peculiar issue with wifi on Windows 10. My computer shows a wifi link speed of 270 Mbps and i have tested the same by sending huge files over my network. Now the issue is that i strongly believe that something in Windows 10 is throttling the internet speeds drastically. I am only getting half of the subscribed download speeds on my Windows 10. I have other devices/phones connected to the same wireless network and they are getting full speeds!

I have tried several things but i am unable to achieve full download speeds on my Windows 10. This has been affecting me for the past around 15 days. Prior to that things used to be normal.

Any clue guys? Because if nothing works then i may have to downgrade to Windows 7 *Sad

Thanks

4. calvooo Win User

I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone.

qBittorrent downloading only at half speed!?

I did another test with my girlfriends laptop. And I was.. wft is going on.

Test:
    - oakla speed test, max speed 4-5 MB/s
    - downloading ubuntu with browser, 4-5 MB/s
    - downloading ubuntu with qbittorrent, 4-5 MB/s without problem all the time.

Yes, I am pretty sure problem is in my desktop pc (I doubt) or lan port on router.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

1. I am receiving nearly half the download speed on my laptop than what I am getting in my phone. - Similar Threads - receiving nearly half

2. Why am I getting this on my DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I getting this on my DESKTOP?: I NEVER use EDGE or BING ever! As of today, I'm getting this posting screenshot on my DESKTOP even before I log in to ANY account. Is it yet another problem with the recent update to the OS? I rolled back to previous version but I'm getting this now. I tried to uninstall...
  3. I am not able to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am not able to reset my laptop: I am not able to reset windows 10 in my laptop after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-reset-my-laptop/afd1334d-25d3-47f4-aca0-be688975d60c
  4. I AM NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE ATTACHMENTS IN MY EMAIL

in Windows 10 Customization
    I AM NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE ATTACHMENTS IN MY EMAIL: WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE ATTACHMENTS ON MY EMAIL AND HOW CAN I RECTIFY THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-receive-attachments-in-my-email/cea2f874-5c3c-4c72-be5b-8a72597d026e
  5. I am unable to receive my gmails into Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to receive my gmails into Outlook: I Downloaded Windows 10 2004 today and am unable to receive gmails into Outlook. I get a request for a password. I'm not sure whether it's asking for an Outlook password or a Gmail password. Can you assist? TezzaAlex...
  6. I am unable to login to my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to login to my laptop: My laptop is showing some dots and unable to open, i think my account is hacked, i changed the password, it has no effect on the login. Is there any way to change or delink the microsoft account from windows 10...
  7. I am not receiving emails on outlook on any of my devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am not receiving emails on outlook on any of my devices: We have stopped receiving emails to our work email address on outlook on our main computer and our work lap top from a week ago. can you help please. ?...
  8. I am getting an error message on my new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting an error message on my new laptop: I ma getting an error message just after logging on to Windows on my new laptop. Can anyone advise me what it means? The manufacturer has done an sfc /scannow by remote support it it found and fixed some corrupted files. The Windows updates then started and have completed...
  9. I get half internet speed on my new PC

I get half internet speed on my new PC: I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and the modem is really close to my PC I use this realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter and i...
  10. I get half internet speed on my new PC

I get half internet speed on my new PC: I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and the modem is really close to my PC I use this realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter and i...