Windows 10: I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one.

Discus and support I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one; is it better to have a clean start on the new PC, or use a back up of the old one? Both are the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IreneS_76, Jul 11, 2019.

1. IreneS_76 Win User

I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one.

I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one; is it better to have a clean start on the new PC, or use a back up of the old one? Both are the same brand. I tried to do a "clean up" using specific software; however, I do not think it has removed the old stuff and I do no want to drag some clatter to the new PC.

:)

IreneS_76, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Andy194 Win User

Replace Windows 10 CoreN on new PC

Hi all,

I've an old PC running a RETAIL copy of Windows 10 Pro. I've since bought a new PC that came with Window 10 Home Premium N installed by the manufacturer. I want to replace this with the Pro version from my old PC.

The steps I've taken are to create an install USB, using the media creation tool on my old PC, run the setup of this on the new PC, delete the Partitions on the drive and then continue with the install.

The new PC at the end still has Windows 10 Home Premium N installed?

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can remove this and successfully have Pro moved to the new PC?

Thanks in advance.

Andy194, Jul 11, 2019
  3. ViperXTR Win User
    ViperXTR, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Binge Win User

Replacing old gaming rig

He has no good reason to suggest a new case... unless he means you can't use a large air cooler in your case. No idea.

Binge, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one. - Similar Threads - replacing old

2. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  3. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  4. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will replacing operating system remove old access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will replacing operating system remove old access?: I purchased an old company laptop and wiped it completely. The company sends mass updates to all their computers and redownloads all the software remotely. Would installing a new system stop the remote access?...
  6. Will replacing operating system remove old access?

Will replacing operating system remove old access?: I purchased an old company laptop and wiped it completely. The company sends mass updates to all their computers and redownloads all the software remotely. Would installing a new system stop the remote access?...
  7. Will replacing operating system remove old access?

8. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...: Any time dea please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-replaced-my-hdd-hard-drive-on-an-old-dell/46fa474c-af41-49d7-b792-0c1131ec4b89
  9. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...: Any time dea please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-replaced-my-hdd-hard-drive-on-an-old-dell/46fa474c-af41-49d7-b792-0c1131ec4b89
  10. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10 year old i7s