Windows 10: I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one.

Discus and support I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one; is it better to have a clean start on the new PC, or use a back up of the old one? Both are the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IreneS_76, Jul 11, 2019 at 5:32 PM.

1. IreneS_76 Win User

I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one.

I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one; is it better to have a clean start on the new PC, or use a back up of the old one? Both are the same brand. I tried to do a "clean up" using specific software; however, I do not think it has removed the old stuff and I do no want to drag some clatter to the new PC.

:)

2. Andy194 Win User

Replace Windows 10 CoreN on new PC

Hi all,

I've an old PC running a RETAIL copy of Windows 10 Pro. I've since bought a new PC that came with Window 10 Home Premium N installed by the manufacturer. I want to replace this with the Pro version from my old PC.

The steps I've taken are to create an install USB, using the media creation tool on my old PC, run the setup of this on the new PC, delete the Partitions on the drive and then continue with the install.

The new PC at the end still has Windows 10 Home Premium N installed?

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can remove this and successfully have Pro moved to the new PC?

Thanks in advance.

3. ViperXTR Win User
  4. Binge Win User

Replacing old gaming rig

He has no good reason to suggest a new case... unless he means you can't use a large air cooler in your case. No idea.

Thema:

1. I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one. - Similar Threads - replacing old

2. Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.: I have plenty app icons on my desktop but they seem to have disappeared. This happens every time I boot my PC after installing the latest Windows update. If you need any more information feel free to request it - thanks. [IMG]...
  3. Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old...: OK. So, I have a computer now running windows 7 on a ~350GByte SSD. I just bought a new 1TB SSD. I would like to use the computer under windows 7 to install windows 10 on the new SSD and then swap out the smaller (W7 drive) for the new 1TB drive with W10 on it. (1) Is that...
  4. How changing display settings when yoy replace your old monitor with a bigger one

How changing display settings when yoy replace your old monitor with a bigger one: ireplaced my monitor on my pc with a bigger monitor and I cant seem to remember how I changed them before :-/ I use to know how to do it but feel I may be just going crazy I guess, can any one help me out with this , ?...
  5. Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10

Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10: Presently, I am in a possession of Fujitsu Lifebook T4310 Tablet PC, which I purchased in 2010. Microsoft has notified that they will discontinue with Windows 7 from January 2020. So I have been told to upgrade to a new Laptop which has windows 10. I would like to upgrade...
  6. Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?: Hello, recently my computer got the latest Windows 10 update, it was a feature update. I updated it (keep in mind before I updated it, it worked fine. Screen wasn't lagging and games ran fine) After it finished updating, I restarted the computer. The screen is laggy, and...
  7. How to remove an old Microsoft Account from Windows 10 to replace it with a new one

How to remove an old Microsoft Account from Windows 10 to replace it with a new one: I had recently got Windows 10 and made a new Microsoft account. Now I am trying to delete that account and replace it with my other Microsoft account. I had the account closed, but whenever I sign into my computer it is still having me sign into the old account. When I try to...
  8. Replacing old HD with SSD - product key question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing old HD with SSD - product key question: The hard drive in my laptop is dying. I am upgrading to an SSD this weekend. I have a couple of hopefully quick questions. My laptop originally came with Windows 8.1. As soon as I was able to I did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I really do not want to purchase a copy of...
  9. New motherboard replacement - identical to the old one - OEM Win10 SL

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard replacement - identical to the old one - OEM Win10 SL: This PC isn't mine, it's my co-worker's at home. He is a complete newbie, so he never attached his Microsoft account. The motherboard was replaced with a completely identical type by the vendor, the old one kaput, as it's a HP Pavilion PC (still under warranty). Problem...
  10. Can i install windows 10 if i replace old hdd with new one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i install windows 10 if i replace old hdd with new one?: I have windows 10, but i have some problems, i think i will need to replace old hdd with new one, but i don't know if i will be still able to install windows 10. I don't know how microsoft will know this is still my pc. 12568