Windows 10: I am running 20161 latest insider. What are some of the services I can disable so that my...

Discus and support I am running 20161 latest insider. What are some of the services I can disable so that my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just use the computer to browse internet and video conferencing. I dont even use bluetooth.I want to disable all services so that my laptop is using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sricharan1999, Nov 20, 2020.

1. I am running 20161 latest insider. What are some of the services I can disable so that my...

I just use the computer to browse internet and video conferencing. I dont even use bluetooth.I want to disable all services so that my laptop is using minimum memory and cpu and battery. Can you please give me such a list of services . I have already disabled fax , remote desktop etc

submitted by /u/sricharan1999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sricharan1999, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Text Services Framework not running and no connection to Internet

Hi Alrescha,

It is possible that the
    system files
    and
    components were corrupted during the installation or update. We suggest
    that you perform these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any
    changes:

For network connection issue:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of Network device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection/network name
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

For keyboard issue:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Note:
    Kindly run
    SFC twice or thrice and check for results before you proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Reset Windows Update Components.

Resetting your
    Windows Update Components
    will allow you to
    install
    the update again including the
    Text Services Framework. To do this, refer to
    How do I reset Windows Update Components.

Kem Mon, Nov 20, 2020
  3. omidsolo Win User
    Advise on disabling services

Thanks for advise, well you're right, although if disabling service A has negative effect on service B, it's message boxed at the time of disabling service A, but, yes you're right, maybe MS hide something else inside service A or B and no one knows what's going on...
    I have removed a lot of the list and updated my original post with the new code though.
    If anyone see something there that MUST NOT be disabled, I will thank him for his advise I am running 20161 latest insider. What are some of the services I can disable so that my... :)

omidsolo, Nov 20, 2020
  4. LMiller7 Win User

I am running 20161 latest insider. What are some of the services I can disable so that my...

Advise on disabling services

Why do you wish to disable system services?

The problem is that there are many services on your list that may cause problems if disabled. Nobody can know for certain which ones they are. It would take a long time to go through the list to make even an educated guess about each service. And that guess may be wrong. Microsoft does not publish a full description of what each service does. A service may be safe to disable today but may cause problems after the next Windows update, or after the next application you install, or after the next update to an application. There will likely be no obvious relationship with the problem to the disabled service, or even that the problem had anything to do with a service at all. Most applications that rely on a service will simply fail if it is not running with no hint of the cause.

LMiller7, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

I am running 20161 latest insider. What are some of the services I can disable so that my...

1. I am running 20161 latest insider. What are some of the services I can disable so that my... - Similar Threads - running 20161 latest

2. Can I disable Antimalware service executable from running on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I disable Antimalware service executable from running on startup?: I know this is windows defender so I don't want to disable it completely, but it always the first thing to run and it makes my cpu go to 100%. So can I block it from starting up but still being able to use it? submitted by /u/WarriorsMustang17 [link] [comments]...
  3. So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...: I was fiddling around with services and disabled one that had a description that said something like “controls signing in and out” or something like that. My dumbass disabled it and now I’m just greeted with a login screen with no login menu... Restart and shutdown doesn’t...
  4. I disabled some services I shouldn't have..

I disabled some services I shouldn't have..: Like the title says, I messed up something.. is it better to totally reinstall windows or try to run some services from cmd? any tip? submitted by /u/nikk2ez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiik0l/i_disabled_some_services_i_shouldnt_have/
  5. disabling some microsoft services to reduce running service and improve performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disabling some microsoft services to reduce running service and improve performance: so I have tried disabling some services through: msconfig and services.msc but they still run after restarting my pc, am using the 1909 win10 build, can I get any other way/method of disabling -> Microsoft update, Microsoft passport and Microsoft passport container?...
  6. So what can I do when I can't access certain services, like this one. I am on the admin...

So what can I do when I can't access certain services, like this one. I am on the admin...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/dvr4t7tl8ss41.jpg?width=1739&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b9c3e4dd3134ecb32e14c161a3d3db47f9de9e42 submitted by /u/GrantForet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g15786/so_what_can_i_do_when_i_cant_access_certain/
  7. I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. When I try to disable this service it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. When I try to disable this service it...: I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes internet bandwidth in the background which makes online gaming lag and everything uses internet slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied". I already turned off delivery...
  8. What version of windows am I running?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What version of windows am I running?: How can I find out which version I am running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-version-of-windows-am-i-running/500673fe-1fd6-4ba0-8a9b-13008a5c1d65
  9. what windows am I running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what windows am I running: what windows am I running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-windows-am-i-running/defb00ca-fa20-4ba4-8713-c79e01202944
  10. What services in Windows 10 can be safely disabled. Am I speaking clearly enough for you to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What services in Windows 10 can be safely disabled. Am I speaking clearly enough for you to...: This question I know has been asked many times with about 10 different answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-services-in-windows-10-can-be-safely-disabled/5460663a-cd78-4a41-a337-00be3b2c2c6f