Windows 10: I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...

Discus and support I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that license to new laptop owner so that he/she can keep it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Anonstill, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Anonstill Win User

I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...

I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that license to new laptop owner so that he/she can keep it updated.From other Q&A it seems the license lives with the motherboard - it has poor battery life and not win 11 compatible, but the laptop still works so theoretically, I can transfer license along with the laptop. but how?

:)

Anonstill, Feb 26, 2022

2. Transferring Retail but keeping OEM key's installed?

I'm upgrading my laptop (Razer blade stealth) from the OEM windows 10 home, to the RETAIL version of windows 10 pro. I'm wondering if I take that RETAIL product key, and transfer it to a new computer (example, buying a new laptop), will the old laptop
    still have the OEM windows 10 home product key installed after the transfer? Or will windows be illegitimate?

Coby Hackett, Feb 26, 2022
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 26, 2022
  4. Roli901 Win User

I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...

Windows 10 Pro OEM transfer to new laptop

Hi all,

So I have the following conundrum.

My company purchased me a Windows 10 Pro OEM licence, which I installed on my laptop and have been using ever since,

but it is an old laptop and I have just upgraded. The new laptop came with a Windows 10 Home edition.

My question is the following:

How could I transfer the Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop so it gets activated and all?

My second question would be, that could the Windows 10 Home licence be transferred from my new laptop to my old one?

So basically I want the new laptop to contain the old laptop's Windows 10 Pro and vice versa, the old laptop to have the Windows 10 Home edition.

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you all for the help in advance.

Kind Regards,

Roli

Roli901, Feb 26, 2022
Thema:

1. I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that... - Similar Threads - selling old laptop

2. How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?: Hi Expert ,I had buy my laptop a store they told me - this laptop has original windows license, But how i will understand they say true. Could you give me any to clear understand my laptop have original or fake activation....
  3. How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?: Hi Expert ,I had buy my laptop a store they told me - this laptop has original windows license, But how i will understand they say true. Could you give me any to clear understand my laptop have original or fake activation....
  4. How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...: I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that license to new laptop owner so that he/she can keep it updated.From other Q&A it seems the license lives with the motherboard - it has poor battery life and not win 11 compatible, but the...
  6. I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...: I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that license to new laptop owner so that he/she can keep it updated.From other Q&A it seems the license lives with the motherboard - it has poor battery life and not win 11 compatible, but the...
  7. Want to sell a laptop with oem windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to sell a laptop with oem windows 10 license: Hi everyone! I bought a laptop that has an OEM license. I have connected my Microsoft account to the laptop. I wonder if there is anything else that I have to do besides factory reset so the person that is going to buy it from me has access to Windows. submitted by...
  8. Custom image for a laptop that I am selling

Custom image for a laptop that I am selling: So I will be selling a laptop soon, the Razerblade 2017. It has a recovery partition that puts it in factory mode with the kick-ass wallpaper, pre software. I would like to see if I could include some things on the laptop like the latest windows update (very far behind) ,...
  9. Can I sell my old OEM Windows 10 disc?

Can I sell my old OEM Windows 10 disc?: Just bought Windows 10 Pro, want to sell my Home disc. It comes in this paper case and it also has no product key, which puzzles me. I've used it many times just fine and I guess I don't remember if I used a key or not. A quick Google search shows that some discs just don't...
  10. Selling laptop, how do I 'reset' Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selling laptop, how do I 'reset' Windows 10?: I'm selling my laptop. Is there anyway I can reset windows, or somehow remove my personal information? I have already backed up everything I need. Thanks! 114096