Windows 10: I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after...

Discus and support I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today 9th 10th may 3 or 10:00 a.m. banaya received the update of windows 10 21 date I immediately updated that in mind for mistake ever I think I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Apoorv_Pandey_, May 18, 2021.

1. I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after...

Today 9th 10th may 3 or 10:00 a.m. banaya received the update of windows 10 21 date I immediately updated that in mind for mistake ever I think I should have installed this because my PC has finished installing this update my PC was updated and shutdown when I turn it on and when I try to shut it down and when I click on the power button its showing me sleep update and shutdown shutdown update and restart and restart when I click even on the update and shutdown update and restart the both things don't work it's when it get restart still showing the same thing why this thing is showing? Please

:)

Apoorv_Pandey_, May 18, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, May 18, 2021
  3. Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

do the 1st update pack only and do the individual updates after that, ensure you can restart/shutdown etc

eidairaman1, May 18, 2021
  4. Midnite8 Win User

I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after...

Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

First update pack was successful and I can shutdown and restart normally.

Midnite8, May 18, 2021
Thema:

I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after...

1. I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after... - Similar Threads - still seeing options

2. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  3. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  4. Restarting but showing as update and shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarting but showing as update and shutdown: Hello, everytime i click on update and shutdown, it is updating and restarting automatically. Can anyone explain why it is restarting everytime?...
  5. Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!: Either I missed an important update change, or I am going crazy. The idea of Windows Update shutting down, just to be greeted by the finishing update when turning the computer back on was annoying to say the least. I know there was talks about requesting the update and...
  6. Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart: Hi, Title sums up tje situation very well. Using Windows 10 on a desktop. When an update becomes available, upon shutting down my PC I get the option to either: 1- UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN 2- UPDATE AND RESTART 3- Can’t remember what the third one is but I never saw a use to...
  7. Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart: Hi, Title sums up tje situation very well. Using Windows 10 on a desktop. When an update becomes available, upon shutting down my PC I get the option to either: 1- UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN 2- UPDATE AND RESTART 3- Can’t remember what the third one is but I never saw a use to...
  8. Comp restarts after update even though option is set to not do this

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Comp restarts after update even though option is set to not do this: This is extremely frustrating. I'm on win 10 pro and have the "notify to schedule restart" option checked in windows update. Yet, today and in the past after I start updates and leave my computer for a bit, I will sometimes find it magically restarted when I come back. No...
  9. Update and Shutdown Still Updates on Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shutdown Still Updates on Boot: I manage several PC's in an office environment and staff have been complaining that their PC's are taking 10-15 minutes in the morning to update after they chose the "update and shutdown" option the night before, Is there any way to ensure this does not happen? 79930
  10. Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart: Has anyone else noticed that after an update from Windows Update you "Must" do a Reboot for the installation/update to process. In prior versions of Windows when I would take an update, I might just wait until I shut the PC down for the night, and it would finish up in the...